I just got my pearl.... and am completely lost....i hear everyone talking about PIN msg'ing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cwbybuttsmmm no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Im Soooo Confued.....

Advertisement

I just got my pearl.... and am completely lost....i hear everyone talking about PIN msg'ing but what exactly is it? and how do i change my background from being the blue one? the only thing i have mastered so far is making a phone call.... hahah...if someone would be so kind as to help i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Im Soooo Confued.....

welcome and congrats on your new addiciton. This should shed some light on your PIN question...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._answered.html

Feel free to PIN me
    Michael

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

PIN messaging is a way that other blackberries talk between each other without using SMS text or other ways like that. Every blackberry has a different PIN and you can send messages through an application called blackberry messenger.

For your second question you can go to the pictures area on your pearl and click menu then click set as background. If you don't have any pictures then you can only change it to the pre-installed pictures on the device.

Also if you have any other questions or are just looking to start off somewhere you can go here and find just about everything you need.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Im Soooo Confued.....

Quote Originally Posted by cwbybuttsmmm
    I just got my pearl.... and am completely lost....i hear everyone talking about PIN msg'ing but what exactly is it? and how do i change my background from being the blue one? the only thing i have mastered so far is making a phone call.... hahah...if someone would be so kind as to help i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks
    How did you get so smart to find Pinstack? Good move! By the way, you can pretty much change anything on the Pearl...the pictures, the ringtones, how the phone reponds when it rings, etc. A useful thing to know about right off the bat is the "Profiles" which lets you set the phone into different modes depending on where you are at. (i.e. If you don't want it to ring, or if you want it to only vibrate) you just enable that Profile.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

And can we have some insight as to how you chose your screen name?

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to the stacks!!

dossw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F01C04

wclyffe - not sure about cwbybuttsmmm but when I got my pearl last week and got lost I typed on google for some help and Pinstack was the fist thing to come up. It was a very good thing and a very bad thing. Good: I found the help/answers I needed. Bad: I can't seem to log off the site LOL :-)

Willis

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome, congrats on your purchase.

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

There are alot of great guides on the site and sometimes the best way to learn is to poke your way through. You can also PIN me if you like, my PIN is in my profile.