I don't know how to download the stuff I find here on my laptop to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

suzieqmassage no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I'm new and need help with how to download

Advertisement

I don't know how to download the stuff I find here on my laptop to my blackberry? I'm sure there's an easy way, anyone? Thanks. also how do I get a family guy picture and then again download it. I was referred to this site for that picture. Also how do I get my favorite song as a ringtone? Thanks

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    you need to install your desktop mgr program that came with your BB. That is how you will transfer what you download from your laptop, onto your BB.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    you will also need to install the BB OS onto your PC, you can find the latest version here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    doughdaddy doesn't that come with the CD you get with your BB?
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    doughdaddy doesn't that come with the CD you get with your BB?
    Mine did not. It came with the BB Tools CD (DM and Mac stuff) and the VZW disk with their VZW Manager app. For mine and my wifes BB's I went online and updated the OS to the latest version.

The point I was trying to make though was that it needs to be on the PC in order to install apps and themes. I guess I should have been more specific.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    sorry doughdaddy...... I guess I wasn't thinking tonight

suzieqmassage no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks everyone I will try that. My BB came with a software program, I guess that's what it's for! Ha Ha.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieqmassage View Post
    Thanks everyone I will try that. My BB came with a software program, I guess that's what it's for! Ha Ha.
    Exactly However the download links are often better and more up to date for DM (Desktop Manager) as often the CD's have been found to have some problems.
    Try this for the latest DM:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    You'll want DM 4.3.

mrobins no está en línea Stack level 1
    Once you have DM installed, use the Application Loader to add / remove apps from your BB.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Once you've done all that and gotten your DM and OS packages up to date, if you just want to move songs/ringtones/pics to your BB, you can turn Mass Storage "On" when you connect your BB to your PC.

This will make the BB appear as a removable HD to your PC. You can then move files to it just like its another disk drive on your PC.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.