I have been using sms/txt IM forwarding for my IM needs for AIM and Yahoo ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

IM + have you bought and what are your thoughts ?

Advertisement

I have been using sms/txt IM forwarding for my IM needs for AIM and Yahoo as I dont have to have any programs running and it saves me space and battery life.

I started IMing thru another sevice that does not offer sms/text IM forwarding so I have been considering purchasing IM+ as that is the only IM program it seems that covers EVERY IM service around. I figured that being I have to run one program I might as well switch everything to it.

I did a trial of IM+ and it seems OK but the trial is only 7 days and that is not much time to try something before spending $50 for it.

Anyone here purchased IM+ and been using it a while and might be able to offer pros/cons ?

Thanks,

Rich

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: IM + have you bought and what are your thoughts ?

I love IM+.

The only downside that I have ever experienced:

1. Sometimes their server seems to go down and noone will be able to connect until the next day (assuming because they have to be back in the office to reset the server). Therefore, AIM is the one I use the most, so I Ramble as a backup if I need it.

2. Sometimes it will log you out of a messenger saying that the password is incorrect, which seems kinda wierd because you may have already been signed in for 4 hours before it kicks you off.

Other than those 2 things, its awesome.

The best feature that I have found is if you happen to drop service and then pick back up in service, it will stay connected. And when you make or recieve a call, it autoconnects after you hang up.

I think this is one of the programs out there that is WORTH the $ that you spend on it, especially if you do a lot of instant messaging with friends or for work.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have IM+ and agree with N8 all the way.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

IM+ is excellent.

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

I also like the fact that if you change your status in IM+ your buddys cant see that you are on your BB, it just looks as if you are on your PC... haha, secrecy is my middle name

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Can anyone get all the Emoticons to work ? I was IMing with someone and sent them a few smily faces and they received them as text, the same when they sent them to me. Maybe 1 out of 10 worked.

Sending the stop sign just shows up as (stop) and and wine glass, heart and many smilies show up as text.