Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Try this Jive... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ion_could.html... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: im+ from shape service

Advertisement

HoOnZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CE284

Re: im+ from shape service

Is IM+ the only IM client that handles ALL of the different IM networks? OZ messenger from T-mobile is nice but I can't run all the other netowrks in the same time. Unless someone knows a way to have all of them enabled at the same time?

- JOhn

shihkang no está en línea Stack level 1

IM+ is a one time payment right?

I've been using OZ and realized it's sent by SMS, I thought it was data! I bought IM+, it works great. I just want to confirm, the $50 payment is only one time right?

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by shihkang
    I've been using OZ and realized it's sent by SMS, I thought it was data! I bought IM+, it works great. I just want to confirm, the $50 payment is only one time right?
    Yes, it is one-time fee, and all further upgrades are free.

Victoria
    Support Team
    SHAPE Services

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm always testing chat programs waiting to find the perfect one, so I've used almost every single chat program out there for the BB 8100.
    I'm coming from the Sidekick side, so I'm pretty picky when it comes to a chat program for mobile. I didn't realize it until I started using the BB. =\ I needed to have something that was able to be connected all the time, handle furious chatting, and also have great notification settings.

In my opinion, IM+ comes to closest to perfect, although it has it's flaws. It uses DATA not SMS. It is able to connect to all the different chat programs, and runs extremely smooth and quick. A one time fee of $49. I recommend that you do not let the IM+ program configure your settings. Go to options on your BB > and change TCP to wap.voicestream.com and then go into IM+ and configure your connection to TCP/IP. It runs faster, and doesn't disconnect as frequently. The connection is a lot more reliable than the jabber transports that are used to connect to GoogleTalk.

BUT

IM+ does not have profile sound settings (you have to use the settings that are provided on the program) and also there is no visual notification settings. I have having to go into IM+ to turn OFF sound rather than just switch my profile to silent to shut it up. There is an option to turn on LED indicator, but it only blinks about two times when you receive a message and that's it. There are visual settings within IM+, but unlike BB messenger and GoogleTalk, there isn't a little icon in the home screen that tells you you have a new message. Like I said before, this is only because I like to be connected all the time. That means I have to periodically open up IM+ to see if I received a message.

GoogleTalk is the primary chat program I use now, and I recommend at least taking a swing at configuring it. Don't be intimidated by the steps, intimidation is what led me to spend a lot of money on programs (I've purchased both Yak-On and IM+). You get great settings, it doesn't connect through HTTP, has visual settings such as an icon on the homescreen and also shows up in your message/SMS list with a little green symbol. It DOES NOT use SMS. Also the GoogleTalk icon ITSELF has an indicator whether it's connected or not so I don't have to open it up. It's green for connected, and grey for disconnected. If IM+ can implement these settings in their next update, I would choose IM+ rather than the jabber transports. =)

dirtydude no está en línea Stack level 1

Im+

I've been using the MSN part of IM+ for a couple of days now as part of their trial and really like it. It does exactly what it says on the tin and I'll probably buy it once my trial period has expired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12