Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone purchased the im+ program for the pearl yet. I would try the ramble ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

im+ from shape service

Advertisement

Has anyone purchased the im+ program for the pearl yet. I would try the ramble for free but i've heard some complaints, but how can u complain about something that you are getting for free. I wouldn't mind spending the 50 bucks for a better service. Also what is the rumor about blackberry itself is going to put out an instant messanger service for aim and yahoo? how is this different from the oz program that comes with the pearl?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: im+ from shape service

Try out IM+. They have a trail, 7 days I think.
    Presently there is a Google Talk and Yahoo IM client you can get directly from RIM. They are similar to BB Messenger. There should be MSN, ICQ, and AOL clients coming from RIM. But each one is seperate. Could get a little overwhelming. The All In One IM is always a good option.

Try out IM+ see how you like it and if it works for you. Then let us all know
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

But when Rim itself puts out a messenger for aol, are you going to have to pay for the program and are you going to have to pay per message? or is it like bb messenger and its free by using your pin number

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

RIM sells the Pearl with OZ's IM program, and it uses text messages (so charges).

IM+ is great, I tried the BETA and it works great. I don't really need to IM on my phone right now, but I will eventually buy IM+ when I can justify spending the money, or have some money to waste If I needed IM on my phone other than GoogleTalk or PIN to PIN communication, it'd be a no brainer.

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

I have it on my 7100 and will by the end of the month have it on my 8100 as well. Or hope they'll transfer my licence
    Nothing worse than having tonne of all the same IM apps on your Blackberry! Just download and install IM+ as it is the best IM app out there. I tested them all before dropping 50 bucks on it!

Thanks for the reply guys i appreciate it.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

The RIM programs are free for the IMs. At least both GT and Yahoo are.

Different IM Apps use different ways to send messages. Eitehr SMS (text messages or data). The Tmo OZ IM program uses SMS. I believe IM+ uses data.

If you have the Tmo Blackberry Minutes and Mail, it doesn't matter. The plan includes unlimited data and text messages.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2

you can use the google talk to chat with your AIM, Yahoo, ICQ and MSN contacts if you set it up properly, I do and it uses the data instead of sms so it is free and there is no delay. This thread gives the info you need to get it working using PSI and a jabber account.
    Forums Home > PIN Stacker files > BB Guides, how to's & FAQs > Internet (BIS) & email > Guide to: Google Talk...and MSN/Yahoo!/AOL

Sorry it won't let me post the link directly.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool to know about the google talk trick! I didn't even think of that! I currently do own IM+ and really enjoy it. I have changed phones before and their customer support was very helpful in the transfer. Also when you purchase from shapeservices you get free updates for life! So I've upgraded my Im+ two or three times already. Each version gets a little better.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Yeah me too... I love im+ you have all the main IM's all in 1 they're Cust Svc is wonderful

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Zorn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D7152

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

IM+ is my fav of the available clients but as a student I can't justify spendin $50 for aim when RIM is coming out with their official aim client soon (hopefully)

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

IM+ is my fav of the available clients but as a student I can't justify spendin $50 for aim when RIM is coming out with their official aim client soon (hopefully)
    Will the RIM software use Text messaging? And how functional will it be in comparison to IM+? Curious if there have been any words on it.

Zorn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D7152

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com

From what I hear it will not use SMS, and should work really well. I've heard lots of good things about the yahoo client they released so the aim client should be similarly good.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

I use Ramble and i have never had any of the problems its free and its for me

JiveRobot no está en línea Stack level 2

I am trying to use either or of these messaging programs and they both give me.. the "Invalid Connection String: Open tunnel failure" notice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast