Hey folks. I've been having a lot of trouble lately!!! I spent several hours on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3

IM Connection Error

Advertisement

Hey folks. I've been having a lot of trouble lately!!! I spent several hours on the phone yesterday with T-Mobile support trying to set up my Blackberry as a modem for my laptop to no avail. They had me do a dozen things to try and fix the problem, but in the mean time it totally screwed up my device. My browser disappeared, it fried my Sim Card (I had to get a new one), I got those problems fixed, but NOW it won't connect to the Instant Messenger. I've tried to connect to AIM and MSN but it won't let me and says there's a connection error and to check my settings. Can anyone help me???

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Re: IM Connection Error

Quote Originally Posted by kendrick87
    Hey folks. I've been having a lot of trouble lately!!! I spent several hours on the phone yesterday with T-Mobile support trying to set up my Blackberry as a modem for my laptop to no avail. They had me do a dozen things to try and fix the problem, but in the mean time it totally screwed up my device. My browser disappeared, it fried my Sim Card (I had to get a new one), I got those problems fixed, but NOW it won't connect to the Instant Messenger. I've tried to connect to AIM and MSN but it won't let me and says there's a connection error and to check my settings. Can anyone help me???
    In the Options click on Advanced Options, then on TCP. You might need to input wap.vociestream.com.

The other place to look is Options, Advanced Options, Service Book. Check to see if you have BBFS3 and BBFS4. I think those are AIM and MSN. BBFS1 is Google Talk and BBFS2 is Yahoo.

Mussel-Man no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE4362

I am experiencing same issue. I cannot login into yahoo or MSN, just sits there at 20%. I will finally get an error: “Communication error. Please Try again or check your settings.”

I have a co-worker, whom also has a Pearl and CAN login into both yahoo and MSN without issue, try her logon on my Pearl, fails just the same.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

have you tried what twheeler has suggested? let us know how that works

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Also, are you guys using IM+?

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Try deleting the im from applications, go to options-security-firewall and reset firewall settings, pull battery, when it comes back on allow all connections/check to see if im is in applications, if not resend service books.

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E

Dude we on the same page! I was goin to call tmobile but you already did it, my IM was workin last week but now it won't do anything. Same error msg that you get I get.

Last I heard tmobile was fixin it and that's the reason its not workin, trust me dude their way ahead of us, they know its a problem and their fixin it.

Sir Anthony
    BlackBerryCreole...
    http://www.myspace.com/sir__anthony

buckeyefan no está en línea Stack level 1

How do you get BBFS3 and BBFS4 as service books? Tried from T-Mobile, no dice, just BBFS2 and BBFS1 are on there. :cry:

Any thoughts?
    TMO 8100

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan
    How do you get BBFS3 and BBFS4 as service books? Tried from T-Mobile, no dice, just BBFS2 and BBFS1 are on there. :cry:

Any thoughts?
    I was just stabbbing in the dark at what the AIM and MSN books may be called. i do not use the programs so I don't have them on my device. That was a wild guess on my part.

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3

I just installed the newest OS and it seemed to fix whatever problem it was. Everything's cool here now! Also, I downloaded some new themes and hacked the other carriers' themes and my Pearl totally kicks ***!