Hey guys, I have been trolling these boards for sometime now looking around. And have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rick Smaefer no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a noob who has a ?

Advertisement

Hey guys, I have been trolling these boards for sometime now looking around. And have gotten some good info on what my BB has to offer.

So heres the deal. I just went out tonight and picked up a micro SD card. Even though I have had my phone since the day it came out. I was a little hesitant because I have a Macbook. So I just added bootcamp so I could get the update for my phone. That all went well. But my question is, I put the SD card in my macbook and dropped in a Russell Peters skit and a song to see how it worked. Well I went into my advance options>Media card and it shows 968.25MB total space. So I know the media is in there. But when I go into my Media on the BB and click Video or music>Media Card it just has the Up folder and is not showing me any of the stuff on the SD card...

Sorry that this might sound confusing, but I'm just lost on this one and searched for a step by step on here and could not find much...

Thanks,
    Erik

Edit: I was attempting to do this on Mac OSX not windows.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    With the Media Card in the Pearl go to Options>Advanced Options>Media Card>Hit menu and select "Format Card".

Note: this will erase anything on the card.

It is a good idea to use the "Format" feature of any device so that the memory card will be properly formatted.

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    With the Media Card in the Pearl go to Options>Advanced Options>Media Card>Hit menu and select "Format Card".

Note: this will erase anything on the card.

It is a good idea to use the "Format" feature of any device so that the memory card will be properly formatted.
    Thanks for that advice. I gave that a try and still the same thing. Shows that there is space used on the SD card but in the Media>Media Card>Options>Properties Size 0.00k

Do I have to put these in my BB desktop and transfer them that way. Because I just opened my Videos folder and dragged and dropped them into the SD card...

Thanks and sorry for being so clueless on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Smaefer
    Thanks for that advice. I gave that a try and still the same thing. Shows that there is space used on the SD card but in the Media>Media Card>Options>Properties Size 0.00k

Do I have to put these in my BB desktop and transfer them that way. Because I just opened my Videos folder and dragged and dropped them into the SD card...

Thanks and sorry for being so clueless on this...
    You shouldnt have to I always do it same way as you, but I guess its worth a shot, have you done a hard reset? take the battery out for 30 seconds and reinsert.

You shouldnt have to I always do it same way as you, but I guess its worth a shot, have you done a hard reset? take the battery out for 30 seconds and reinsert.
    I'll give that a shot now... I hope that does the trick. Thanks for helping me out...

Well that did not work. I'm getting frustrated with this thing now...

Do I need to do this in order for the thing to work?
    "The Original: Video encoding for the 8100" Guess I can t post the link,,,

ceekay84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e4e4b8
    If you read the manual inc. with the media card, it will clearly explain to you how much "real" storage you have for the 1GB. I can almost gaurantee you that almost any SD card out there will not have exactly 1000MB of storage capacity. So having 968.25MB sounds correct to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay84
    If you read the manual inc. with the media card, it will clearly explain to you how much "real" storage you have for the 1GB. I can almost gaurantee you that almost any SD card out there will not have exactly 1000MB of storage capacity. So having 968.25MB sounds correct to me.
    The only reason I brought that up was to show that there was stuff on my SD card that I imported, but It was not showing up on my BB. But I figured out what I was doing wrong with a little more searching around on here. I was not going into options and hitting Explore. And moving it into the correct folder.
    But now I have successfully done that. I can listen to the clip but I have no Image. Anyone got a clue how I get the image to appear?

Video needs to be encoded correctly, there is several ways in the thread you referenced to earlier.

After you encoded it correctly put it on the SD card in the video folder.

Video needs to be encoded correctly, there is several ways in the thread you referenced to earlier.

After you encoded it correctly put it on the SD card in the video folder.
    Thanks I was just reading up on that now. But I downloaded ffmpegx But I had to delete it because it does not have MPEG4 H.263.only .264...

What do you recommend if I'm using a Macbook?