I've searched with no success and posted twice with no response. Please help. When I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ephailey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e90926

I'll try again

Advertisement

I've searched with no success and posted twice with no response. Please help.

When I sync with Outlook Express, I'd like the Outlook Express contact list to replace everything on the Pearl. I can manage my contacts better on my computer. Right now, if I delete 10 contacts on my computer, not only does Desktop Manager not delete them on the Pearl, it wants to add them back to the computer.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: I'll try again

have you tried the configuration settings on the sync tool?

did you see this thread?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post169753

sorry your other two got missed

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm on a laptop without DM installed so i can't verify, but i think in DM you go to synchronize and click on configure (at the bottom) and then advanced configuration. In there is a place to tell it what to do with conflicts. Set it so Outlook always wins and that should do it. Just remember, if you delete it from your BB, outlook will put it back.

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

Doh! too slow, thanks Cherrichiodo.

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Thanks.

When I open the configuration tab, the "configure synch" option is not highlighted (not availbable to select) so I can not go into advanced mode to make the conflict resolution choices. Any ideas?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ephailey,

First, is you BB connected to your PC? That is the first requirement for setting the configuration.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23e90926

OK, I've now set the conflict resolution to "outlook express wins" (Thanks for all the help).

However, unless I am missing something, this only applies to "conflicts" where info has been updated. I am still getting this message when trying to sync:

"The following changes from Handheld Address Book will be applied to your Personal Address Book data in Microsoft Outlook Express:

32 Addition(s)
    3 Change(s) "

It also tells me it will apply changes to the handheld from Outlook Express.

Questions:

1. The "Outlook Expess wins" seems to only apply to conflcts. Can I not let Outlook Express over write the whole handheld? Example: if I delete 15 entries on Outlook Express, I'd like them to be deleted on the Pearl.

2. Since I now definitely have the synch set on "Outlook Express wins", why does the above message seem to say that it is going to make 3 changes to Micosoft Express. I would have thought that would be a conflict that Outlook Express would win.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you are making changes on both your handheld and your PC it will sync those changes to the other location. A conflict only occurs when you change the same contact on both the BB and PC. This makes it easier to manage from both locations. If you never want changes made on your BB to sync with your PC, then set the Syncornization method on your Configure Syncronization to Import.

But this means that anything done on the BB will be overwritten everytime you sync.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Thanks!

That worked the best yet!

The only thing that misses is that names that I want to delete from the Pearl are not deleted. It does keep them from being put back on my computer, though, so that is an improvement. I may not be able to do what I want to replace everything on the Pearl address list with he Outlook Expess address list.

Any final thoughts??

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I gave you this in the response to a PM, but I'll restate it here for any others that have want to do this.

Get your PIM Contacts all up to date and the way you want to see them on your BB. Then using the Advanced Backup/Restore feature of Desktop Manager, with your BB connected, Select the BB address book and use the Clear option on the bottom of the list to clear the BB address book. Then Check the Import option in the Sycnronization Configure Synroniztation and sync with your BB. This should make your BB address book match your PIM. Now change the Import to sync and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    23e90926

Thanks. I've got it all fixed now. Rcbjr you are the best!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the kudos and Glad you are now a satisfied customer of PinStack.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer