I recently demoed, then purchased IdeaMatrix, and it's really an amazing program! Wondering how many ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

IdeaMatrix users?

Advertisement

I recently demoed, then purchased IdeaMatrix, and it's really an amazing program!

Wondering how many Pearl owners (or non-Pearl, bb owners) use IdeaMatrix, and if anyone cares to share any unique, innovative ways they put this program to use.

For those unfamiliar, IdeaMatrix is an application which stores all of your notes and ideas, in free-form or using a desk and folder medaphore. You can create as many notes as you want, and store them in limitless drawers and folders, which can be reconfigured by dragging and dropping them.

It's quick search feature (called Indy*Search by the developers) allows you to quickly find notes which you may have written months or years ago.

An online backup system, included with the purchase price, makes sure your data is always safe, even if you lose your Blackberry. You can also go on the web to edit, or create new notes, making data entry of larger info much easier by simply going to the web site, creating the note(s), and then having your Blackberry sync with the website.

Anyways, anyone care to share how they use IdeaMatrix? I gotta believe there are a LOT of ways this program can be utilized.

Thanks!

Click here to check out the program.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: IdeaMatrix users?

I havn't tried it yet.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

elliedow no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250879C2
    Download this on the basis of your review, got the trial for a week. Very interesting, havenlt had a chance to do the web site sync yet. Would love to hear what others use I for.

ToDoMatrix looks pretty cool too.

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    I recently demoed, then purchased IdeaMatrix, and it's really an amazing program!

Wondering how many Pearl owners (or non-Pearl, bb owners) use IdeaMatrix, and if anyone cares to share any unique, innovative ways they put this program to use.

For those unfamiliar, IdeaMatrix is an application which stores all of your notes and ideas, in free-form or using a desk and folder medaphore. You can create as many notes as you want, and store them in limitless drawers and folders, which can be reconfigured by dragging and dropping them.

It's quick search feature (called Indy*Search by the developers) allows you to quickly find notes which you may have written months or years ago.

An online backup system, included with the purchase price, makes sure your data is always safe, even if you lose your Blackberry. You can also go on the web to edit, or create new notes, making data entry of larger info much easier by simply going to the web site, creating the note(s), and then having your Blackberry sync with the website.

Anyways, anyone care to share how they use IdeaMatrix? I gotta believe there are a LOT of ways this program can be utilized.

Thanks!

Click here to check out the program.
    I've been a registered user for a couple of months. The most useful feature I have found is making records of complaints to the cable company, telephone company, etc. I make the call from my 8100, then Inject it into IdeaMatrix and put in the contact person's name and what we discussed. Then when the same problem still exists a month later, I call them back and have a complete record of the problem so they can't do any finger pointing. This has saved me a lot of grief.

I also think the automatic backup feature pays for the program by itself. I keep my journal in IdeaMatrix and had to reload it when I sent my 8100 in for warranty exchange. Absolutely no problem.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by elliedow
    Download this on the basis of your review, got the trial for a week. Very interesting, havenlt had a chance to do the web site sync yet. Would love to hear what others use I for.
    I've started using it for business reminders.

I set up an appointment with a client, but was asked to call on Friday, prior to the meeting, just to confirm that we're still on.

I go into my Address Book, and look up the clients records. While viewing my clients records, I hit menu, then "Inject into IdeaMatrix"...

It then creates a new IdeaMatrix record, and asks me where I'd like it stored. I qucikly choose Buisness/Client, and the record is then opened, for me to edit.

I add "Call to confirm meeting", quickly select Friday, 10 am for reminder, and then hit save. The client's name and phone numbers are automatically injected into the memo, saving me from having to enter it. Even choosing when you want the alarm is brilliantly simply... two months are displayed, the current month and next month. Scroll with the pearl, and choose the date. Press the pearl when you are on the date you want the alarm to go off, and the indicator jumps to the hour. Scroll and press on the correct hour, and the indicator jujmps to highlight the minutes... press again, and you're done! It's easier to choose the date and time for the reminder alarm then it is to discribe how to use it!

I also inject numerous e-mails... confirmation of bills paid, new user names and passwords when I sign up for new websites/services, etc. Hightlight the info you want to save from the e-mail, hit menu, then Inject, and you're done! I can now delete the e-mail, knowing the info I need is safely stored in InfoMatrix.

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    I've started using it for business reminders.

I set up an appointment with a client, but was asked to call on Friday, prior to the meeting, just to confirm that we're still on.

I go into my Address Book, and look up the clients records. While viewing my clients records, I hit menu, then "Inject into IdeaMatrix"...

It then creates a new IdeaMatrix record, and asks me where I'd like it stored. I qucikly choose Buisness/Client, and the record is then opened, for me to edit.

I add "Call to confirm meeting", quickly select Friday, 10 am for reminder, and then hit save. The client's name and phone numbers are automatically injected into the memo, saving me from having to enter it. Even choosing when you want the alarm is brilliantly simply... two months are displayed, the current month and next month. Scroll with the pearl, and choose the date. Press the pearl when you are on the date you want the alarm to go off, and the indicator jumps to the hour. Scroll and press on the correct hour, and the indicator jujmps to highlight the minutes... press again, and you're done! It's easier to choose the date and time for the reminder alarm then it is to discribe how to use it!

I also inject numerous e-mails... confirmation of bills paid, new user names and passwords when I sign up for new websites/services, etc. Hightlight the info you want to save from the e-mail, hit menu, then Inject, and you're done! I can now delete the e-mail, knowing the info I need is safely stored in InfoMatrix.
    The one caution I would have is that as far as I know IdeaMatrix keeps all its records in Pearl memory, not on the SD card. So using it to keep massive amounts of data might eventually deplete memory. Of course, you can always delete records you no longer need.