... drilled a hole in the battery cover to hear it better. No more muffled ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3

I wasn't happy with the external speaker so I...

Advertisement

... drilled a hole in the battery cover to hear it better. No more muffled noises coming from MY phone! Now there's nothing stopping the sound of my speaker. Ringtones sound worlds better and speakerphone is much louder and clearer. I recommend doing this if you have a dremel tool or some way to drill a small hole in your battery cover.

The best part is that you're only messing with the battery cover, so if you end up not liking it or need to send your phone for repair all you need is another battery cover which runs around $7.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    That works. That would not work for me unless I found some sort of mesh to keep the dust and metal shavings out of my BB. (I work in a very harsh environment for BB's.) Not to mention, it would not make too much difference when my BB is in the "OtterBox" case. Good idea, thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah, I also stuck in a piece of padding from some headphones to keep dust and stuff out. Eventually I'm going to superglue it in place so nothing can get by, but for now it's just wedged in there.

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I wonder if a coffee filter would work also. It would be like the Donaldson filters on my OtterBox....Hmmmmm. That's an idea! Thanks!

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    beats spending $15 on a rear cover with the speaker opening already present...

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Right on!

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5

I found that putting the phone next to something for the sound to echo off of works good. You just point the speaker outlet towards something and it gets pretty loud.

I mostly use my headphones when listening to music. The hole is a good idea. I always wondered why they made the sound go through a maze before you get to hear it. Just lets dust in.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

spacemn_spiff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any pictures of the mod? I would like to do something like that with dremel tool.
    Black Pearl 8100 - T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by spacemn_spiff View Post
    Any pictures of the mod? I would like to do something like that with dremel tool.
    That's exactly what I used, and I can have pictures up a bit later. Finals are taking up all my time atm.

poisonflower no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you do a search on the boards, theres a post about this and with pictures. As many of us have drilled holes and in pretty patterns at that.