Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

anyone know what the default amount of time is for att/cing?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: I Want Longer Ringtone Time

Advertisement

anyone know what the default amount of time is for att/cing?

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yes it works. I've been using it for years. I do have T-Mo USA thats one reason i know about the vm issue with a 30 sec ring length.

The default ring length.for ay & t-mo is usually 15 seconds.

marcpitch no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tjhammerhead
    How To Change The Number of Rings to Voicemail

First, you need to know what your voice mail number is. Press the "Call" button > Press "Menu" > scroll down to "Options" and click the trackball> Scroll to "Voicemail" and click the trakball, you'll see your voicemail number.

Once you know your voicemail number, here's what you do: Go back to the home screen.

Type *61*voicemailnumber**NUM# and hit send.

(Replace "voicemailnumber" with your voicemail number and replace NUM with the number of seconds you wish to wait until forwarding to voicemail. NUM must be 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30.)

EXAMPLE: if my voicemail number is 1-404-555-1234 and I want a 20 second delay, I'd do this: *61*14045551234**20# and press SEND.

This works with almost ALL GSM Service Providers.
    I did this with my Cingular 8100 and it seemed to make a change, but then my pressing and holding the number 1 to access voicemail created an error message. What went wrong? To "fix" the problem, the person at the AT&T store simply put the local voicemail number into the #1 speed dial slot.

Can anybody tell me what happened and was my voicemail number on speed dial for #1 prior to my problems, or is the current fix a workaround? I would like my voicemail access back to the way it was prior to my trying the "solution" above. Thank you.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i will almost bet my bb they are completely unrelated. the above fix had nothing to do with your bb, just the carriers settings. the "voicemail" button (holding #1) could have been changed by any number of events, but almost certianly not this fix. since i was so used to pressing and holding the top left button to access voicemail on my phone before i got my bb, i took my voicemail button off of 1 and changed it to the qw button, so i could find it without looking. the press and hold is merely a local device setting, where the "time to voicemail" redirect is a change that took place on the carrier's system. hope that makes sense.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

marcpitch no está en línea Stack level 2

With all due respect, I am almost certain the events are related since it stopped working less than an hour after I input this series of *, # and numbers. Regardless, would the initial setup (with 1 as the press and hold voicemail number) have been set up as a speed dial setting? Or, is there another setting that had 1 going straight to voicemail?

Also, how would you make your press and hold voicemail number something other than a number key, like the Q-W key? Any insight would be much appreciated. While my phone is functioning fine, I would like to know that the voicemail access is the way it was when I got the phone. Thanks.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

sure, let me explain...

to get my voice mail button away from one, press one on the home screen like you were going to dial a number. this should bring up a partial phonebook, and a big "1" at the top of the screen. press the menu button (to the right of send) and select "view speed dial list". this will bring up a list of all the buttons that can be assigned numbers. 1 will say "voicemail +1xxxxxxxxxx. write that number down. then with your cursor on number one, press menu>delete. then highlight whichever button you would like to assign it to, click your pearl, select "new speed dial" select {use once} at the top of the screen, type in the number you wrote down, press enter, and boom, you're all set. you can assign any/all of the nubers or buttons you like.

edit: yes, holding number one to access voicemail is just a factory speed dial setting. just like holding "9" on some phones gets you 911. its not a special setting. you could even leave voicemail off your speed dial list all together if you wanted...

edit2: thinking about it, i guess, depending on how the numbers were entered when you did the #1# blah blah "fix" it is possible the speed dial menu was accessed inadvertantly and a change made...
    Last edited by synik103; 08-13-2007 at 10:59 PM.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2
    anyone know how to extend ring time for verizon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12