Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The other day I had to do a complete uninstall of Desktop Manager as it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

i want DocsToGo back

Advertisement

The other day I had to do a complete uninstall of Desktop Manager as it wasn't detecting my device. I had this installation of DM when I upgraded to 4.5.0.124 and for some reason or another, forgot to check DocsToGo for installation. Without thinking, I removed DM then realized my copy of DocsToGo went with it.

Last night I wiped my BB in hopes of getting it to recognize the new 4.5.0.124 OS but I realize now it doesn't reset the OS.

There has to be an easier way to get DocsToGo back on my BB than what I'm doing. I even downloaded 4.5.0.102 to try to install it but cannot find it on my PC now.

I feel like a beginner at BlackBerry again. Can somebody help...all I wanted was DocsToGo.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    In most cases, when you uninstall the Desktop Manager, it will take whatever OS you have on your computer with it.

Are you saying that you've downloaded another OS onto your computer, but can't find it? It should be in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Go into the Control Panel on your PC. If you're using Vista it'll be Programs and Features, otherwise it will Add or Remove Programs (I think.....been awhile since I had XP! ) Look for BlackBerry Device Software. If it's not there, you'll need to re-download and install.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I downloaded 4.5.0.102 and installed it, now I can't find it. What I was thinking once I installed that OS, my BB would recognize the 4.5.0.124 and I could get a fresh install of that OS.

I found the Research in Motion folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

I see no folder called AppLoader. Maybe another removal of DM is needed, if this will give me my correct folders back.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader is the correct path. If you do not have that folder on your PC, then the OS was not installed correctly and you will need to do it again.

You can find the 4.5.0.124 OS here. Once it is downloaded and installed, follow the instructions here to upgrade/install the OS.

Let's step back a minute here. Do you currently have the 4.5.0.124 OS on your device? You shouldn't need to reinstall the OS to get Doc2Go back. Let's just get the OS onto your PC, then you can install only the Docs2Go application through the Application Loader.

I have only 5 folders in the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files, and Research in Motion isn't one of them. I am sorry to keep bothering you, but I guess once I don't upgrade my OS for a while, I become very illiterate at it.

And I am using Vista. Most everything on my PC is installed under the C:\Program Files (x86) directory.

Yes, I have 4.5.0.124 on my device now.

Don't worry about it! We're here to help!

Okay, then you will need to download and install that OS onto your PC. Once you've done that, you should be able to load Docs2Go, no problem.

Great.. I will download .124 again. Do I need to reinstall Desktop Manager also?

You can, but you'll also be able to load the application up through the Loader executable in that AppLoader folder once the OS has been installed.

I still have the 4.5.0.124 exe (the installer) on my PC from when I upgraded months ago. I'm thinking I should delete that, delete the .102 I downloaded and installed, and just redownload the .124?

You can delete the .102, but go ahead and re-install that .124 you have. It's not going to be any different that one you'll find in the link I posted earlier.

Sounds good. Thank you very much for your help. I don't know how I got so confused.

LOL! Happens to the best of us. I live my life in a state of confusion.

Argh!! I hit another road block I removed 4.5.0.102, installed .124, hooked up my BB to my PC, and went to Application Loader in DM. It comes up with all the 3rd party applications currently on my device. I browse for the Research in Motion folder, which has 7 folders including the AppLoader folder. That only has one folder in it called Images. What am I still doing wrong?!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast