Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i do this as a great sales pitch, people love what it can do but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dartmouthman no está en línea Stack level 1

i throw my bb on the floor every day read on

Advertisement

i do this as a great sales pitch, people love what it can do but when i throw it, and i dont mean drop it on the flor people are amazed at how robust it is, does everyone else agree that it isnt in as much need of being wrapped up in cotton wool as some people think

bigmace3000 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22AE5DFF

Re: i throw my bb on the floor every day read on

I have dropped mine once and it still works great!!I was a little heated about the scratch on the side but it was small so im cool with it.
    The crime is undetectable by the feds cause in the minds of our kids is where the track is...and music is potent and straight to the soul...so its much more addictive than crack is!!!

petersjh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242954AA

It may be durable but no way when I am at work am I throwin' my BB to the floor for a sale LOL... I understand how that gets attention though I once drank some laundry detergent to prove it was no toxic LOL it sucked and tasted like butt, but it worked LOL Hope you got insurance for your BB though! Welcome to stacks by the way!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    At work sometimes it falls of my belt or pocket, hits the concrit and then I step on it. Finally I realize there's my phone.

Ye in my case protection wouldn hurt.
    Last edited by SuzzyP; 04-23-2007 at 06:48 PM.

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Throw it on the pavement. I dropped mine and the back cover popped off and the latch that holds it closed broke off and disappeared. Now I have a piece of black tape keeping the back from sliding open.

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

I used to work in a store that sold electronic stuff and would throw an HP-12C (probably the best calculator ever made) on the floor too. The Pearl does not strike me being as tank-like as that HP was. And i don't know if I threw it so much as tossed it onto the carpet hoping for a good bounce... But based on what I've read here, a light toss should cause the battery door to fly off, the pearl button to stop tracking down, Opera mini to cease functioning- all requiring either a battery pull or an immediate OS upgrade to fix!

Just kidding stackers. The regulars here are the most selfless and helpful members I've ever encountered on a forum.

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dwc
    Throw it on the pavement. I dropped mine and the back cover popped off and the latch that holds it closed broke off and disappeared. Now I have a piece of black tape keeping the back from sliding open.
    whoops- okay, you posted that while I was typing my little snark above.

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

Quote Originally Posted by bigmace3000
    I have dropped mine once and it still works great!!I was a little heated about the scratch on the side but it was small so im cool with it.
    same here

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Play a little magic and throw the demo phone man, lol.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

ha ha ha...yeah, all about throwing the demo phone! LOL! No way am I tossing my phone! And shoot, even if it was tank-like----well...I've fired some awesome anti-tank weapons...so I know that even those can break like a crystal glass!

adamazda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F8729C

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    ha ha ha...yeah, all about throwing the demo phone! LOL! No way am I tossing my phone! And shoot, even if it was tank-like----well...I've fired some awesome anti-tank weapons...so I know that even those can break like a crystal glass!
    haha thats funny!

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Yo I was taking my girl to school and was putting her bag in the backseat for her. I had no pockets in my shorts so I was carrying my Pearl and wallet in my hands. Well i couldnt get the door open and to free my hands i placed my pearl and wallet on top of the car.

I then got into the car and drove my girl to school...but about a mile away from home on the street appropiatley named Main st, i heard a sudden "thud".

OH ****........My Pearl! My wallet! My bb has one of those rubberized covers so im guessing thats how it stayed on my car for so long. I pulled over immediatley and booked it down the street...My Pearl was lying face down and my wallet and contents were scattered. I could see cars coming and quickly felt like A character trying to get a little child out of the way of a bus.

Turns out, my pearl had 2 little scratches on it but they were both under the case! weird. So they are still covered up and it still works GREAT.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Very funny. I was actually just coming to post about how I dropped my pearl last night. I was pissed. The back cover flew off the battery popped out. I got this huge ding on the corner but ther worst part, like someone said above, is that the battery cover button broke and its now driving me crazy cause the cover keeps coming off. Is there any way I can get a new cover button?

Lexdmd2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I dropped mines down the elevator shaft 3 flights up and just the back cover cracked and a bunch of scratches there that pisses me off when I see them but the phone worked fine as b4....dam I thought I was blessed but now I see their durable...its all good

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm tellin ya my phone fell so many times and no scratches at all thanks to my leather case lol
    Last edited by SuzzyP; 04-23-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast