So yesterday I got my replacement pearl, it was all fine and dandy and working ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

I think my pearl is possessed ......

Advertisement

So yesterday I got my replacement pearl, it was all fine and dandy and working well till this morning. I was checking my email on it and was reading a message, when i was done with the message i hit the back arrow and it started spazzing the hell out... the screen looked like it was flashing REALLY FAST, it would'nt let me go back, it just kept bring up the same email, when i tried to delted i would get to the menu its on to delete and it would throw me right back to the email. Or so I thought, I tried even turning the phone off without a battery pull , wouldnt do it. So i battery pulled and once it loaded again I went to my email again. My devil ghost phone whatever the hell it is, had copied the message i had been reading 400 times in my mail box, and started emails from me about 200 times.... WTF......Anyone had this problem or should i run screaming in the opposite direction from which this phone is sitting...
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: I think my pearl is possessed ......

WOW. All i can say is WOW. You can try and troubleshoot the issue but personally i would call TMO and tell them the replacement phone they sent me is junked out. If you do decide to try and fix it yourself i woudl say to start with an OS reload off of the desktop manager.

StephOfOz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F6772D

I had something similar not too long ago. Pearl just started doing whatever the hell it wanted to do. I pulled the battery out, and double checked my SIM card. After pulling out the SIM card and locking it back in place, it was fine! Haven't had an issue since. Check your SIM card and see what that does.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would start with the battery then the SIM card. Then an OS wipe/reload. If that doesn't work, time for another replacement.