Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes the charger definately works fine. Don't like the sound of this! Regards, Naz... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bignaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Yes the charger definately works fine.

Don't like the sound of this!

Regards,

Naz

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, I found this thread that sounds close to your issue and a possible solution. Give that a rip. (page 2 post 29)

I have tried as suggested in that post (the applying pressure bit anyway, haven't cracked the soldering iron out - yet!) but same old problem. As soon as I connect the power cable it just starts flashing again - still no sign of 'proper' life.

The battery must be holding some sort of charge though, it's been on charge/USB for over five hours now and it will flash quite happily when disconnected. Something has to power the LED, and it didn't do that earlier before I charged it.

Going back to a previous post...

I have now tried the battery out/in with the apploader again. There is still no initialisation or anything visible on the screen. The instant I connect the cable with the battery out the flashing starts - no steady LED at all.

Any other suggestions, or am I going to have to wait until the charger and battery have arrived and cross my fingers?

Regards,

Gordon

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    maybe i can offer some help, u said there was an error msg, by chance does the screen come on, and or the keys light up? if yes, then ur screen might just be dead, and ur sure the phone didn't get wet in any way shape or form??

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    maybe i can offer some help, u said there was an error msg, by chance does the screen come on, and or the keys light up? if yes, then ur screen might just be dead, and ur sure the phone didn't get wet in any way shape or form??
    I wish my friend had remembered what the error message was!! All he remembers is that the picture was in his words 'squished a bit, and it said something about an error'. The screen makes no attempt to light, neither do the keys.

I honestly believe that the phone has never been wet, there looks to be litmus paper on the battery that still has crosses on it. I would guess that the crosses would smudge if it had been wet (correct me if I am wrong, still learning this game!).

Regards,

Gordon

pooji no está en línea Stack level 1

Same thing happened to me...

I had the same thing happened to me. the phone was on the table and it started rebooting led flashing twice, and then turning off again. It did that for 2 days, I gave up, and I just sent them back the phone and now I have a new blackberry. No problems yet.

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    My old Motorola Razr charger works fine with my BB. Find another friend.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    The crosses, BTW, are not the moisture sensor. That is elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12