Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi i'm new to the forum and my dad just recently bought a blackberry pearl, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bushati no está en línea Stack level 1

i think i killed the pearl

Advertisement

Hi i'm new to the forum and my dad just recently bought a blackberry pearl, which i think i killed...ok so I downloaded the blackberry manager and went to application loader. I was rushing things and i think i removed vital software that actually make the phone functional. Stupid move yeah, but i though i was only removing the sample video to increase size when in fact i screwed the thing up...now all i get is a loading screen and i think if you wait long enough it asks you to reset. After the reset it goes back to the same loading screen.

I would really appreciate the help, and if I could somehow bring it back to life that would be best.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    is the phone powering on or cycling??
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well you can kill two birds with one stone here if you wish. Download an install 4.5.0.102 operating system, JL_Cmdr (wipes the berry) and install it. You'll fix the phone and be rid of the pre-installed pics and movie. *4.5 upgrade support*

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    i dont c how that would help without the info of what carrier they r using.. but thx for the help much appreciated to have extra hands helpin out

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Understood. Just throwing the suggestion in there but you're correct need more info on the phone.

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    i think we scared bushati away wit the quick responses.. lol just fill us in with whatever info u can we will do our best to assist you

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

the carrier is Fido from Canada, it's a blackberry pearl 8100 and when it turns on all the screen is all white with a loading icon in the middle...tell me what you want to know...and thanks a lot

edit: it was a refurbished phone but the original carrier was t-mobile i believe
    Last edited by bushati; 12-23-2008 at 02:11 AM.

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ok.... my suggestion is.. im gonna try and find that t-mobile os for u.. then ui suggest u run an application loader process on your fone.. will go into detail later first off to find that tmobile os for you brb..
    and if any1 knows where it is please help me with that and post it here

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Sounds like the phone may be bricked.

I would download JL_Cmder and wipe the berry then re-install the operating system, upgrading at the same time with a 4.5 OS or install the OS it came with. Be sure to remove the memory card if one is inserted.

EDIT: I have a T-Mo 8100 as well however i could never download a T-Mo release for it due to the fact you seem to need a T-Mo tel. number to access their site download area.
    Last edited by bajanbastard; 12-23-2008 at 02:21 AM.

thanks guys also one more thing, after a while a msg comes up saying app error 523 and the reset option is right under

Corrupt OS i got it a few times. It's kinda tricky for me because sometimes a wipe/install is needed to get the BB working again and other times all i needed to do was disconnect the BB from the PC (or close the DTM) and hit reset and it would boot up.

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    ok here is my take on this i use dm... once u press reboot make sure the device is attached to the usb still run application loader (if u have already downloaded the software already, for the new os) as the phone starts to turn on press nest on the application loadern and let the phone reboot internally .. it will take about 30 min or so but should wipe the phone to orig status and with the new os... is that error code 440 or 530?? either way i have done it 3 times to my fone any it worked for me.. make sure u r deleting the vendor file from ur pc...
    start, c:/, prog files, common filed, research in motion, applications, last file on the bottom vendor.xlm.. delete it then do the apploader from the dm and see if that helps or works.. keep me posted

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Hmmm. I'll have to try that one.

ok it's getting late here so i'll try this tomorrow but i don't have the software for the new os. I understand most of your post so it shouldn't be too hard although i will admit it sounds a bit confusing (the whole process, not your post).

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    for all who want to DL from TMo site, the work around for the # it asks for , (customer phone number) is easy to get around. all you need is to find out an area code and prefix section they use for their numbers. ie. (I'll give you one that works) 818-744-XXXX if it does not take the first time, try 4 different random number and then your in. The problem is that you may give an number that is not registered to them. But the good news is that I know it works since I do it all the time and I dont want TMo knowing that I'm always looking at the upgrades since I have my account with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast