:cry::cry: TO make a LOOOOONG story short, I think I ended the life of my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I think I killed my Pearl!!

Advertisement

:cry::cry: TO make a LOOOOONG story short, I think I ended the life of my pearl tonight.

I downloaded a 3rd party app the other day, and around this same time my pearl finally started doing the hourglass of death thing . SO I deleted it from my pearl, to no avail it still happened So I did the whole wipe device thing, even used JL CMDR option 5 to restore to factory settings, then went and tried to do a backup with a previous good one.. (wait, did that make any sense?)

Then I see that I lost all my BB messenger contacts!! Son of a.....

it went downhill from there as I only made it worse. SO then using JL CMDR I chose option 4 I believe, which is to wipe handheld completely... AHHHHHHHHHH

Tried to reload OS, but of course upon doing this wipe I get the deadly error 507!!! By now I'm !@#$

So then I found the link to a thread by rcbjr in regards to how to load OS went computer wont recognize....you know what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, well I cant get past the 2nd step where I go to options and have it recognize pin..It does that but then when I open app loader and try to run OS it boots back to unknown pin and tells me that there is no proper software for the device?! WTF

GOD HELP ME BB GODS...
    and since it's 11pm my time all AT&T tech supprort can do is to give me number for warrenty dept first thing in the morning and note my account :cry:

PINSTACK FAMILY...Is there ANY ANY ANY way to bring this lovely precious red BB back to life? Or am I TRUELy !@#$%
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry to hear about your bad luck my friend...I don't have a solution but could you tell us what 3rd party app this was so we may avoid it or give us a better idea as to what could have caused this issue?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    mosnaps, photo app. And Harish, the creator (or one of them anyway) is already aware of this. BTW it may help to note that I was running 4.5.18

He was also made aware of this..
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

alcoplalind no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB
    Sorry to hear that i know the feeling because it happened to me too and the only thing i could do was going to my provider to have my bb pearl restored.
    i hope you can solve your problem.
    Sorry for my English! (wap.pinstack.com)~

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have skipped the second step. Try just going to app loader without the batt in and see what happends