Hello all at pinstack, hope everyone is well! Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

I Played with Cingular Pearl Demo Today!

Advertisement

Hello all at pinstack, hope everyone is well! Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that I went to a cingular store my friend works at today and was able to look and hold a demo pearl they had. However, I was told by my friend that they were not selling any pearls to existing customers (they didn't even have the pearl out on the floor, they were all in the back!) She told me that her manager wanted to only sell pearls to new activations, even than they were very picky about who was sold one. I really did not like the decision her manager went with, I really wanted to buy my pearl today, especially after being able to play with it!

Anyway, my friend let me see the demo and the box that the pearl will be sold in. I must say everyone, the pearl doesn't look as bad as those early photo shots we have seen in the past. First off, the middle row of buttons are not white as I thought, but are actually a silver color (has a really cool effect!) Second, the back silver strip (located next to the camera,) has a "Jack" branding logo on it...kinda makes the silver piece not look so sleek. Also, the black case of the phone seemed to be a dash lighter than what I would say is a "solid black color." other than the little differences, it was the exact same as the Tmo version. I am not sure when they will be selling the pearl to the mass market, but I am assuming Monday when they get more shipments of products (cingular gets shipments on mondays, wedensdays, and fridays.) Hope this information can ween you over just a little bit longer, till we here at the cingular network can get our hands on our very own pearl. If there is anyone out there that was lucky enough to get their pearl today, please share where and the experience. i.e. easy or hard to purchase.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: I Played with Cingular Pearl Demo Today!

There are lots of stores that are already selling them and have sold out of them, I would call all the stores in my area just in case

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

They are going for $400 bux on ebay. Insane I should have just unlocked mine and sold it. I only paid $150.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would have gone to another store already and bought my phone, if it wasn't for the fact that my friend is going to give me a really sweet deal on the pearl! She didn't want to sell me the pearl because she would've gone beyond her manager's wishes. I guess I'll just have to wait, sigh...

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

i got my cingular pearl on Friday and i like it so far...
    holla atcha boy

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5
    I got my Cingular Pearl about a week ago. They had like 5 in stock(I live in a small town). He said that I should feel special becuase I was the only one in a 5 city radious that had one. It was a very easy buy for me, icked it right up and bought it right there. It stinks that your store won't cell it to you .

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I picked mine up on Sat 12/2. They only had 5 in stock. Manager said his store and most other stores ordered a lot more than 5, but only received 5.