I have been watching the 8220 on youtube, and reading through some of these threads ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BBjunkie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7D02D

I need your opinion!

Advertisement

I have been watching the 8220 on youtube, and reading through some of these threads and now I think I want one. But, I am a life long qwerty user. I currently have an 8800, which I love. Also, I would have to unlock it to use on AT&T (no tmobile coverage here unfortunately) So, all of you qwerty users gone flip, what are your thoughts? I have never used SureType before. How long did it take to get accustomed to? Also, is the screen really as small as it looks in videos and pics?
    So all you qwerty users out there, whats your overall opinion of the 8220?
    Better, worse, or should I just keep my 8800.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BBjunkie87 View Post
    I have been watching the 8220 on youtube, and reading through some of these threads and now I think I want one. But, I am a life long qwerty user. I currently have an 8800, which I love. Also, I would have to unlock it to use on AT&T (no tmobile coverage here unfortunately) So, all of you qwerty users gone flip, what are your thoughts? I have never used SureType before. How long did it take to get accustomed to? Also, is the screen really as small as it looks in videos and pics?
    So all you qwerty users out there, whats your overall opinion of the 8220?
    Better, worse, or should I just keep my 8800.
    I have a 8220, and I really like it. My first SureType BlackBerry was a 7130c, then I had a few Pearls, and now the 8220. The key to learning SureType (at least for me) is to adopt the mind set that you will type very slow and deliberately to start out. Doing this makes a huge difference in how fast you adopt to it. That said, SureType is made up of two major components. The keyboard and the software. Each time RIM has created a new SureType device, or upgraded one as in the case of the 8100 to 8110/8120 series, they upgrade the software. Hardly anything is ever said about this, but I can tell you from first hand experience, the software on the 7130 was very good. On the 8220 is fantastic! Making SureType even easier to learn, and faster. I can type emails equally as fast if not faster on my 8220 that on any qwerty I have. So I would not hesitate to endorse this model on that note.

Next up: Display size. You are indeed going from RIM's largest screen to it's smallest. So that will take some getting used to, however again, I do not find it objectionable except in the case of a lot of web surfing if you do that. Otherwise for everything else it's nice and refreshing to have a small lightweight BlackBerry to use.