I have a question. What exactly is setting the tcp/ip good for? My scenario is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

I need tcp ip help plz.

Advertisement

I have a question. What exactly is setting the tcp/ip good for? My scenario is my boss just baught a tmo pearl. He bought the minutes and the txt msging but not the data plan. So he wanted to know since I owned a bb if I could get his bb maps working for free. Could I use the apn for this? What would it cost? What exactly is the apn, user name and and pw I'd need? Keep in mind he has no data plan what so ever and he doesn't want to pay any extra. Thnx for the help.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: I need tcp ip help plz.

Without a data plan you cannot get any map program to work. It downloads the maps on the fly.

Sorry for the bad news.

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thnx reddog. But what would the tcp settings be good for? Anything? Would they mess up his txt msging?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Sorry for the bad news, but reddog is right, maps wont work without data. That being said, you will not be able to get them for free without having TMO provision the phone for data service, this tells the phone where to go to use the data network, and the ability for it to do so (Correct me if I am wrong, but thats my understanding) Now the only way I can think of him using it for free is maybe with WiFi, so he would have to be in a hotspot or if your work has an access point that would work too. And that would only be on WiFi. Without the service books and phone provisioning, he wont be able to access it while not at a "hotspot" again... Sorry for the bad news...
    Last edited by chatster18; 03-04-2008 at 03:29 AM. Reason: updated
    it's always greener with the other carrier...