hi just a couple of questions for u guys to get it out of the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

airmasterfly no está en línea Stack level 2

i need help ......new blackberry owner

Advertisement

hi just a couple of questions for u guys to get it out of the way

1) is there a program to download to watch videos on ur broswer for example watching videos on youtube.com? i download the operamini browser and that what im using right now

2) is it just my bb or when im exiting applications on it it takes a long to time to exit it? for instance im on camera mode and then i exit it and it take forever to exit out. is there a way to make it faster?

3) there a video file on the bb for videos, yet u cant record vidoes on the bb is there a way to record videos on the bb ?

4) for the map on the bb map, it give directions and what not, but is there a way to set the directions and as you moving in the car an arrow or something will show on the map to show ur going in the right direction or does the bb speak out directions?

5) just wondering what kind of memory upgrade if any u add it to the bb i added a 512 is that enough?
    thanks

MadamWatson no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: i need help ......new blackberry owner

Hello airmasterfly! I can't answer all of your questions....But, I know for sure that the 8100 doesn't have the option to record videos. As far as your device being sluggish upon exiting the camera feature. I do a "hard boot" of the device. I take my battery out for a few seconds, and replace the battery. It usually corrects the problem for me. Hope this helps a smidge

Check out this thread with the phone demo and features:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...functions.html

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

1) is there a program to download to watch videos on ur broswer for example watching videos on youtube.com? i download the operamini browser and that what im using right now

Answer: Not right now. You have to download the videos to your BB and make sure they are correctly encrypted to h.263. You can download a program called Super to do this.

2) is it just my bb or when im exiting applications on it it takes a long to time to exit it? for instance im on camera mode and then i exit it and it take forever to exit out. is there a way to make it faster?

Answer: You can do a Hard reboot like above, but chances are you may be exiting programs the wrong way. If you just hit the esc key then chances are you are leaving a bunch of programs open. Use the menu key and select exit or close.

3) there a video file on the bb for videos, yet u cant record vidoes on the bb is there a way to record videos on the bb ?

Answer: As above there is no way to record videos on your BB.... Yet!

4) for the map on the bb map, it give directions and what not, but is there a way to set the directions and as you moving in the car an arrow or something will show on the map to show ur going in the right direction or does the bb speak out directions?

Answer: You can get a bluetooth gps antenae that will do this for you. I would also suggest google maps.

5) just wondering what kind of memory upgrade if any u add it to the bb i added a 512 is that enough?

Answer: Depends on what you plan on storing on it or using it for. It may be enough for now but you may need a bigger one in the future.

Hope this helped.
    Good luck! Have fun. Enjoy.

thanks for the help
    i plan on using mainly for the music and video stuff so would 512 be enough or should i upgrade
    also if i have to many things o nthe media card or on the bb will it make my bb work slower becasue i have to many things on it

where can i get this program super?

PIN/ID
    2438f59d

The top 'Useful:' thread regarding video encoding will tell you everything you need.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

airmasterfly, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2438f59d

512 may be enough for now but like I said you may want to get more down the road. 512 will hold several hundred songs but you can never have too much space.