I've made a preset of ringtones and their all in mp3 and I set them ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3

I need help for Ringtones..

Advertisement

I've made a preset of ringtones and their all in mp3 and I set them as a phone tune. When a person calls it only viberates and the profiles are on loud setting. also this is on my 1gb MiniSD card.. Anybody help or give me some advice please...

also rintones are under 15 second..

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: I need help for Ringtones..

Is the ringtone assigned to the contact or to the profile? Go into profiles and select advanced and highlight the active profile and hit menu edit. Is the tune showing under phone? If it is assigned to the contact make sure you add an exception in the profiles. If not try muting the ringtone in the address book.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

To extend your ringtone time, try this thread
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post304361

remember that if it's set to vibe and ring, the vibe time is going to cut into your ring time.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ go to profile > advanced options > make sure whichever profile is active, highlight it > menu > edit ( now go through all the options ... Phone, SMS, email ) hit save and your done!

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

yea.. go to "phone", then make sure "out of holster" and "in holster" aren't on just "vibrate"

Well, what I've also found out that BBpearl doesn't recognize encoding in mono/11bt sample rate and so on. So i had to recode them all into Stereo like i would burn a CD to my hard drive. After that it worked, but another problem comes up now. That it doesn't play the ringtone given in the profile and plays something totally different than I've assigned it. Thanks for those with the helpful information, this is my gf's 1st blackberry. So I am trying to do all the stuff for her and show her how to do it herself.

Another problem not sure if it's the BBpearl's or whatever the ringer is set on LOUD and plays like normal loudness.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

to increase the volume of your ringers, make sure whatever prog you're using to make them is set to a high enough output volume.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Well, they all set on very high volume when i encode them thru iTunes. I've tried audacity and it's difficult for me to understand how to do it...

Also it's just not my pre-made ringtones it's also the pre-loaded ring tones that sound very low too. Im starting to think it's the phone itself which might have a blown speaker or whatever? Because most of my ringtones have a high encoding rate and sample rate too.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

i can help with audacity... it's pretty simple once you know what you're looking at... send me a PM if you want to walk through it...

as far as the possible blown speaker, see if you can get ANY ringer to be loud enough. if not, i'd look at taking it to the service provider and see if they'll look at it for you.

Synik103 check your pm box.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

i sent you a reply with my aim address. it says you're not available...

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

there should be a "gain" option, if you turn that up the ringer should be louder on the phone..

i use cool edit pro, i just edit mp3's and save them in the exact same format and they work fine

PIN/ID
    OICU812

my plan is to walk him through all the options if i can ever get him in a chat window...