Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so I was trying to delete this and that from my .71 OS (vendor, ringtones, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

I messed up my OS, now what?

Advertisement

so I was trying to delete this and that from my .71 OS (vendor, ringtones, etc.) but now its a mess and my DM won't do an upload. what do you suggest I should do?

your advise is appreciated,

PS. I did a backup.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: I messed up my OS, now what?

Reinstall your DM and OS

PIN/ID
    2051259D

sure thing, but why the DM?

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

In case the problem is with DM as well

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

PS Do an OS reinstallation, if that does the fix, good if not, then reinstall your DM

PIN/ID
    2051259D

appreciated, I'll let you know how it goes.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    2051259D

not having any luck with it unfortunately. I downloaded the latest OS from cingular (.88) and proceeded to delete the vendor file. I then relaunched my DM but it didn't recognize any updates (like its suppose to) and it gave me an error message "The application Browser cannot be loaded because it requires the following applications that are not available: net.rim.blackberry.xml"

THIS IS THE SAME MASSAGE I GOT BEFORE UPLOADING THE OS! is it somehow tryting to read my old os? also, I could have swore I downloaded the .88 but when i go to C:Program Files/common files/Reasearch in motion/shared/loader Files it shows my old OS v4.2.0.71 - ?

I tried to ignore that little glitch and proceeded to download a new Desktop Software Version 4.2 (english only) from blackberry.com but when I installed it it told me that a newer version already exist on my computer and that if i want to downlad this 4.2 I have to delete the newer version I already have.

so I'm wondering what to do now. should I give the OS upgrade another go? does anyone recognize the error message on top?

PIN/ID
    2051259D

guys still no luck. I upgraded and installed my DM again (this time multilang.) and that process went smooth enough. Then I downloaded and installed a new .71 OS, again removed the vendor.xml.

still when I launch my DM its not doing anything but giving me the same error message "The application Browser cannot be loaded because it requires the following applications that are not available: net.rim.blackberry.xml"

any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Thats weird, first time thing I've heard that reinstallation didnt fix. Maybe try calling Rogers and get a replacement DM CD as well as new pearl. It sucks u've got all this issues, I know how it feels

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

YClif - did you delete the vendor.xml file?

PIN/ID
    ATA

YClif - you must also UNinstall the .71 by going into your control panel and uninstall software.

PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    YClif - you must also UNinstall the .71 by going into your control panel and uninstall software.
    are you saying i have to uninstall the OS before re-installing? I'll give it a try.

(yeah, i didn't forget the vendor issue)

PIN/ID
    ATA

you need to uninstall the old one...version .71

edit: do you have version .71 installed on your machine? if you do then yes, you will need to uninstall it before running dm. a delete will simply not work...

PIN/ID
    2051259D

ok round 2.

so I did a complete restore, uninstalled my desktop, uninstalled my OS. I wiped everything clean. I then installed a new Desktop Manager using the CD I got with the device, and proceeded to install a new v4.2.0.71 OS.

now I'm in the middle of no man's land. check this.

*There was no vendor file that existed for me to delete - I'm serious.
    ** I can now access my DM application loader but the only applications that are listed in it are the additional applications I installed on the device myself like games, themes, voice recorder, etc. It does not list the pre-installed core applications like BrickBreaker, Browser, languages, etc. (however, these do show up on my device when I look under options/advanced options/applications)

1- why can't I access these applications?
    2- I get a weired Email Settings message when I connect my pearl using USB, it reads In order for message redirection to funtion properly a new encryption key will have to be generated. I then have to move my mouse randomly in order for it to generate this Key incryption. what the heavens is this? I don't have email set up, I don't even have a data plan! - the result of this key incryption process yields nothing since the next message I get is the computer does not know its message account address, message system not supported > ahhm, no Guf! I need to get rid of this

come on guys, I'm counting on your help.

Please and thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast