I posted this in the Curve forum, but there are more people here and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DemoCat827 no está en línea Stack level 2

I messed up hubby's Address Book - is there ANY way to fix it?

Advertisement

I posted this in the Curve forum, but there are more people here and I didn't think it was device specific, so I thought I'd post here, as well.

He has a BlackBerry Curve and has no clue about how to sync his info with his PC. He has BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed. I was trying to sync his phone's address book and his PC's Microsoft Outlook, and I accidentally wiped out the address book on his phone. There is NOTHING on either device now. Is there any way to retrieve the information? He had 240 phone numbers which are gone, gone, GONE. I am upset because I was trying to help him, but he also needs to learn to do this himself because I don't want to be responsible for any debacles which ensue.

CAN ANYONE HELP???

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: I messed up hubby's Address Book - is there ANY way to fix it?

Demo
    First off, you and hub should always back up your blackberry, using desktop Manager.

That being said, if he's on a Windows machine, see if it has System Restore.

Go Start/Help and Support/System Restore and you'll be asked if you wish to restore your computer or create a new restore point.

Choose "Restore" and select a point in time before you, ah, helped him with his blackberry.

If all goes as it should, your computer will restart, and when it's back up and running, it will have all of his phone numbers back in Outlook.

He can then sync his blackberry, and all should be right in the world again.

Hope this helps!

DemoCat827 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks!

I found out he had saved his contacts to his SIM card just this morning, so all he had to do was reimport the SIM contacts and all was well.

We will definitely make sure to back up in the future, however!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Now that you know the numbers are backed up to the sim. Import them to the phonebook. And then connect the device to the computer. Make sure that the device manager is opened. Once you're connected on the device manager click blackup/restore. It'll backup your information so incase something like this happens or something even worse happens you have the address book backed up as well as calendar. Bb messenger contacts. Memos. Tasks. Pasword keeper entries etc.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

P- you can set up backup restore to automatically backup the device when connected to the desktop manager daily weekly and monthly. Also if you have a yahoo account there is a program called yahoo go (which just recently supports the curve) where you can do a wireless address book sync with your address book and yahoo acct. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~