Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

im happy now, mines comes in on tuesday also.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Cnice21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

im happy now, mines comes in on tuesday also.

Choirboyl no está en línea Stack level 2
    great...enjoy your 8120's... I think that all of our concerns about it not being legit have been addressed.

lol, for real.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Choirboyl View Post
    I found reference number that correspond to the shipped packages. You will have to go to UPS and go to the track by reference link and track using these reference numbers (one at a time). you will also have to specify shipping to the United states and enter your zip code. It should give an idea as to WHERE YOUR 8120 is. The numbers are:
    OA-052108-1
    OA-052108-2

my number was the first.

Are these the only reference numbers? I went and looked, but UPS is not indicating anything for me... I was notified that I won by phone on May 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    Are these the only reference numbers? I went and looked, but UPS is not indicating anything for me... I was notified that I won by phone on May 16th.
    Those are the only one's I can find. Perhaps yours went out in a different/later shipment as you were late in getting notified. I will keep my eyes open for that. I was told by a RIM rep that all the phones should have been shipped on the 21st but I guess that if you were selected after someone didn't return a call or something that you may be on a different list. I don't think that you should be too concerned. Like I said I will keep my eyes open and let you know what's up.

Those are the only one's I can find. Perhaps yours went out in a different/later shipment as you were late in getting notified. I will keep my eyes open for that. I was told by a RIM rep that all the phones should have been shipped on the 21st but I guess that if you were selected after someone didn't return a call or something that you may be on a different list. I don't think that you should be too concerned. Like I said I will keep my eyes open and let you know what's up.

Cool thanks for the heads up. I was thinking that since I was notified in the middle of the month that mine would show up later then the people that were notified sooner.. Got a bit nervous when I didn't see anything, and I thought maybe someone was playing a prank..

dantek,
    I actually just found out from Myra that my phone was also processed on the 16th but I did find a number that is going to be delievered to my zip code. It could be that it's not mine... I will wait and see. Myra as we all know now doesn't handle shipping so she has no shipping or reference numbers to give. I guess that we will just have to wait. I will be back on here to let you know whether or not the reference that I pulled corresponded to my phone.
    Rest assured it is not a prank. I contacted RIM and this is legit. It was sponsored by them. They were slow in getting the information to their people. If your call was from Myra, it's legit
    Last edited by Choirboyl; 05-27-2008 at 01:40 PM.

dantek,
    I actually just found out from Myra that my phone was also processed on the 16th but I did find a number that is going to be delievered to my zip code. It could be that it's not mine... I will wait and see. Myra as we all know now doesn't handle shipping so she has no shipping or reference numbers to give. I guess that we will just have to wait. I will be back on here to let you know whether or not the reference that I pulled corresponded to my phone.
    Rest assured it is not a prank. I contacted RIM and this is legit. It was sponsored by them. They were slow in getting the information to their people. If your call was from Myra, it's legit
    Yep, thats who I talked to. She confirmed my address and told me about 30 days via UPS.

I told people at my office about the contest and how to enter, so I thought maybe someone was pulling my leg thinking I won.. Since you confirmed her name, I'm sure it's just a matter of waiting out for UPS now.

I also read in another post that these phones have SIM cards. Is this phone coming with a new number / service? Can't I just swap out my wife's SIM from her Samsung slider phone to the 8120?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You could do that but you would have to add a BlackBerry data plan to her account.

Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    Yep, thats who I talked to. She confirmed my address and told me about 30 days via UPS.

I told people at my office about the contest and how to enter, so I thought maybe someone was pulling my leg thinking I won.. Since you confirmed her name, I'm sure it's just a matter of waiting out for UPS now.

I also read in another post that these phones have SIM cards. Is this phone coming with a new number / service? Can't I just swap out my wife's SIM from her Samsung slider phone to the 8120?
    Like Ericaj said.
    I you could swap it out for you tmobile sim (or if not tmobile get the phone unlocked first). However, if you want the full use of the blackberry features you will have to get a blackberry addon plan. I am not sure how much it is right now with Tmobile but I know that it is cheaper with Tmobile than with At&t.

Yeah... don't worry about the win being legit.... if you talked to Myra I am sure that you are on the list... I just don't know whether your went out after the May 21st date I was told they they were to be shipped by or just under a different reference number -which I can't confirm. but we'll see.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The AddOn is $19.99 for full internet access, $9.99 for email only.

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mines just got here

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamaster89 View Post
    Mines just got here
    congrats, im still waiting on mines to get here

We are with TMO right now, we came on in December of 07 and said adios to Sprint.. Based on the site for the contest, I was under the impression these are programmed for TMO already, so switching out my wife's current sim to this new phone shouldn't be a problem. $19.99 for the BIS is a good deal, then she can get internet and get her corporate email as well. She's gonna owe me big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamaster89 View Post
    Mines just got here

Hey Gigamaster89,

Can you confirm if this came with a SIM card, and that it is a T-Mobile branded phone?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast