Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

At&t does not offer insurance on this phone. It was a good bit of money ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jennif4855 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question I just need to know....

Advertisement

At&t does not offer insurance on this phone. It was a good bit of money to buy it. I have 30 days to see if i want it or not. Is this phone really worth having? I am already having problems with it and i have only had it two days!!!! I have read alot of negative about this phone and that worries me. Also when you download themes can you just delete them or is there a process you need to go through to get them off? I downloaded a theme and now the brightness of my phone is all the way up and it is not as bright as it was. Could that be the reason? Sorry i just really need to know if this phone is going to be worth what i paid for it. You buy an expensive phone and you should get what you paid for out of it.
    Jenn

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

Re: I just need to know....

I do not personally have the insurance. The phone comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, that's all I need.

Also, what kind of problems are you having? Maybe we can help. BB's take some getting used to

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well a couple of my problems have already been solved. I guess i am just more concerned is this phone worth buying. I really do like it it is different but it is neat.
    Jenn

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

First thing. If it'd be me, I'd return the 8100 ASAP and wait for 8120 that is supposed to be released around Thanksgiving.
    Yes, you can delete the themes through your Desktop Manager or through phone's application list.

I've never seen a theme that would change your brightness settings. But, some blackberries (not sure about 8100) have automatic backlight intensity adjustment. It is brighter in a full sun and darker at night to prevent blinding. Go to phone's setting Screen/Keyboard and check your settings. If you have a full case it might cause some issues.

Blackberry is mostly quality, email, style, PDA. If you need just a decent phone, BB is probably not for you; however, I'd recommend it to a lot of people anyway for the sound quality.

PIN/ID
    PM Me

Well I've been through TONS of phones. Everytime one came out that was better I would get it. I've had my pearl since Jan. My next will be the pearl2. It is my fav phone I have owned

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

You *can* get insurance on the Pearl, just not though AT&T. There are services out there that will cover the device, for as little as $12/mo. Just do a Google search and they should come up. When in doubt, use your manufacturer's warranty and get it replaced should something happen to it.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by BombaMyte
    You *can* get insurance on the Pearl, just not though AT&T. There are services out there that will cover the device, for as little as $12/mo. Just do a Google search and they should come up. When in doubt, use your manufacturer's warranty and get it replaced should something happen to it.

depending on your homeowner's insurance it can be covered also, not too sure about renters insurance. probably be cheaper to just buy a new phone than pay a deductible from homeowners insurance unless your whole house burnt down

Do all the pearls come with a man. warranty? The rep at at&t didnt say anything about this. She just told me that they didnt carry insurance on the pda or more expensive phones cuz it is to much money. she did say that eventually they will have insurance. I am available for an upgrade in 7 months so that will save me if anything happens..also how do i find out about the warranty and what does it cover is it like insurance? Do you have to pay any money on that? Stupid questions i know...Just alot of stuff is different so i didnt know..Thanks to all the ones helping me..I am liking my phone more and more, but i am debating on the newer blackberry pearl too. I would just have to take this phone back before thirty days is up and use my old ugly phone again till the new one came out.:cry: Also does anyone know how much this phone will be through At&t?
    Jenn

PIN/ID
    717cff09

RIM has a 1 year warranty that your mobile provider can swap out providing you didn't abuse your phone or get it wet. the moisture sticker is very sensitive and steam from sitting in the bathroom while showering can set it off.

warranty exchanges are free. i believe after your first 30 days you have to call your data support and swap your phone out like any other phone by having them mail you a replacement rather than in-store exchange. i could be wrong, but that is how verizon works unless you get a nice corp rep to do it for you.(rare)
    Last edited by guyheavensent; 10-22-2007 at 07:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jennif4855
    Do all the pearls come with a man. warranty? The rep at at&t didnt say anything about this. She just told me that they didnt carry insurance on the pda or more expensive phones cuz it is to much money. she did say that eventually they will have insurance. I am available for an upgrade in 7 months so that will save me if anything happens..also how do i find out about the warranty and what does it cover is it like insurance? Do you have to pay any money on that? Stupid questions i know...Just alot of stuff is different so i didnt know..Thanks to all the ones helping me..I am liking my phone more and more, but i am debating on the newer blackberry pearl too. I would just have to take this phone back before thirty days is up and use my old ugly phone again till the new one came out.:cry: Also does anyone know how much this phone will be through At&t?
    Jenn
    No one really knows yet when it will be available at att. Not even the people at att, so I wouldn't go taking it back unless you think you need to.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

As others have said you have the option to get outside insurance (wirelesssafeguard.com, asurion, safeguard.com are a few you could try).
    The BB also comes with a one year manufacturer warranty.
    Your other option is to return it and wait for the Pearl 2 coming out sometime next month, no ETD of relase though.
    But if you are like most of us that have become loyal PinStack members and learned all the wonderful things there are to know about BB's here, then you will become a fellow crackberry real soon and not want to return it.
    I trade in my BB's for the latest one all the time. It's the addiction man!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

I have been looking for where it says that my phone came with a one year warranty? I cant find it anywhere though. Is it in the book?
    Jenn

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jennif4855
    I have been looking for where it says that my phone came with a one year warranty? I cant find it anywhere though. Is it in the book?
    Jenn
    Not that I know of. I just know that if there is a problem that you didn't cause or there is no way to prove you caused it just contact ATT's warrant dept within a year and you're ok

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Your carrier will be able to tell if it's still under warranty. Also the warranty doesn't cover user damage. It just covers software/hardware damage.

PIN/ID
    717cff09

http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warranty/handheld.shtml

not written on paper, but could be printed out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast