Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First off, I want to say I HATE the new design cingular put on the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

warhead56k no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got the cingular blackberry...

Advertisement

First off, I want to say I HATE the new design cingular put on the blackberry. I am seriously thinking of selling it on ebay, which is ironic since I wanted one for 3 months now. I wanted the t-mobile version, which i like the design better. DAMN YOU CINGULAR!

Ok so anyway, I have the data plan, but on the top it says " data connection refused". Second, I have no service books. I went to the cingular site and clicked send service books like 20 times yesterday, and today I have yet to receive a service book. I even took out the battery to reset it.

Third, what is the best firmware out there, and the best OS and stuff for my blackberry?

Also, theres a problem with the back cover sliding off too easily, and a few buttons on my keyboard are dimmer then the others. Can I walk to a RANDOM cingular store and tell them to replace it? I just bought it 3 days ago.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think you are seeing something I am not.I'm posting this from my pearl and its awsome! I think it might have somthing to do with your area.I have a great store in my area.probably because the store is not even a month old.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree the T-mo version looks better.

Have you went to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Select "register now"

If that doesnt work and like you said you have sent your service books like 20 times you need to call Cingular tell them you have the "data connection refused"

The Best OS is probably anyone after 4.2.0.42 (besides the autodim) and you have Cingular OS which is the newest.

Be sure to check out our downloads section and the third party apps forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think you are seeing something I am not.I'm posting this from my pearl and its awsome! I think it might have somthing to do with your area.I have a great store in my area.probably because the store is not even a month old.
    ...what are you talking about?

And how do I post on the BB? I go to internet but it says "your device does not currently have any borwser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    I agree the T-mo version looks better.

Have you went to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Select "register now"

The Best OS is probably anyone after 4.2.0.42 (besides the autodim) and you have Cingular OS which is the newest.

Be sure to check out our downloads section and the third party apps forum.
    Well i just did, it said "message sent". What now?

8100M_PBr4.2.0_rel79_PL2.2.0.39_A4.2.0.67_Telefoni ca_ES.exe

Is that firmware good?

Quote Originally Posted by warhead56k
    Well i just did, it said "message sent". What now?

8100M_PBr4.2.0_rel79_PL2.2.0.39_A4.2.0.67_Telefoni ca_ES.exe

Is that firmware good?
    After the "register now" take your battery out wait 30 seconds and reinsert.

There is no need to use the telefonica OS like I said the Cingular OS is the most up to date you would just be "downgrading"

If that and the service books dont work call cingular.

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    After the "register now" take your battery out wait 30 seconds and reinsert.

There is no need to use the telefonica OS like I said the Cingular OS is the most up to date you would just be "downgrading"

If that and the service books dont work call cingular.
    Ok thanks. can you answer the other question about getting a new phone that I posted above?

EDIT: Ok I reset it, and nothing happend.

Im not sure about Cingular sorry maybe someone else has more info about what they do to repair BB's

I know nextel has a Service and repair department in almost every store at least in my area.

I have heard that most of the time when you have a Problem with hardware on cingular they recommend you replace the device or send you a refurbished one, but that is just rumor.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5
    I was telling you that in my opinion the Cingular version does not SUCK. I was also trying to say that the problem with the connection could have to do with your AREA. I have a Cingular Pearl and its great in my area.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Warhead, have you logged into your BIS and entered you PIN and IMEI to activate it? Have you even set up your BIS yet? Do you have an icon that says Personal Email Setup?

What don't you like about the design of the pearl.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Warhead, have you logged into your BIS and entered you PIN and IMEI to activate it? Have you even set up your BIS yet? Do you have an icon that says Personal Email Setup?

What don't you like about the design of the pearl.

Rcbjr.
    What is the BIS? I think i went to a cingular blackberry site that asked for those, and then I clicked send service books. However, that was 2 days ago and I have yet to receive the service books. I also forgot the site.

And my browser on my BB dosent even work.

And the reason I HATE the cingular version is because in the mdiddle of the keyboard, instead of the black/white keys, I have GRAY. ****ing gray. Ugliest color to use on a phone.

And for my BB email setup, I only have 2 options: " I want to use a work email account with BB enterprise server,

and

" I want to skip email setup.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by warhead56k
    What is the BIS? I think i went to a cingular blackberry site that asked for those, and then I clicked send service books. However, that was 2 days ago and I have yet to receive the service books. I also forgot the site.
    BIS should have said BIS Account, sorry. That is where you went to send the service books. There should have been a place to enter your IMEA and PIN for your blackberry. If you didn't enter them, the Server doesn't know where to send the service books.

If you did enter them, and still have a "Data Connection Refused" then there is something wrong with your Account provisioning and you need to call Cingular Customer Care and ask for the Blackberry Data Support. Or select the option for 7920 when you hear it.
    And my browser on my BB dosent even work.
    No it won't work until we get you connected to the network.

And the reason I HATE the cingular version is because in the mdiddle of the keyboard, instead of the black/white keys, I have GRAY. ****ing gray. Ugliest color to use on a phone.

And for my BB email setup, I only have 2 options: " I want to use a work email account with BB enterprise server,

and

" I want to skip email setup.
    I can't help with the Setup Wizard. I was upgrading from another BB and didn't use this feature.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

gstull no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8EF14
    I had the same problem, turned out the Cingular Rep accidentally signed me up for PDA connect and not the BB service. Once they changed it, evrything worked fine.

dvus4ever no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: I just got the cingular blackberry...

this is a comment and is probably of no use ... but must be said. i am a cingular/at&t employee of 10 years. my company offers "free" products to employees. i am a sprint/nextel customer and have been for 12 years. i have 4 cell phones, 2 blackberrys and 2 wireless pc lines on my account. i pay $200 a month for unltd text and wireless access on all devices and each cell has 1500 anytime mins with free mins after 7pm. customer service has always been wonderful in the few times i've had to call them.

cingular/at&t customer service stinks! i'm in IT but have witness the customer service first hand ... to our "civilian" and employee customers. FYI: they treat employees worse than civilians.

sooooooo, in short, first thing you should do is find another provider.

company employee, but consumer first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast