Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A friend of mine told me about these 2 apps he's been looking for One ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i hurd this...but im here to find out the truth

Advertisement

A friend of mine told me about these 2 apps he's been looking for

One app allows you to take a pic of anything and send it thru the internet n get info on it...
    For example...if I take a pic of a maple tree..once you send it to the internet it starts to show you all the info on it...like wut the tree is (if you didn't know) wut it produces....blablabla...basically take a pic of sumthing you never seen n get encyclopedia info on it(sounds like a great app)

The other app he was looking for worked like a reverse lookup but with car license plates....when you put sumones license plates into the app you would be able to get their car make n model, their registered address and name...I think that's a pretty cool app if you have sumone you don't know parked infront of your house for a long period of time

Anyways...my whole point of putting up this thread was becuz I'm sure these are app sumone told em about but they dont really exist....if they do...I would expect pinstack to know about them...if they don't..I wanna be the first to tell him he's an idiot(lol..an idiot friend)

So...plz let me know if anyone has even hurd of these....(so I could get it b4 he does n say: yeah, they do got em...see)lol

Thanx in advance
    Pinstacks the best

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: i hurd this...but im here to find out the truth

A license plate look up definitely does not exist, privacy laws etc. Don't really believe in the other app either.

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I hope that car license plate application doesn't exist. It seems like a tool that car thieves would use and there's enough problems with those a*******. Seriously that application would cause problems.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I was thinking the same thing but he made it seem so believeable that it had me wondering if its possible.....

The license plate app sounds too far fetch but the other app sounds like a great idea...I wish it were possible to get that

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

Your freind is full of crap on the License plate thing, however the other app he was referring to is called BBPlaces, you upload a pic and using the geotagging from you GPS you can pinpoint the picture....really only makes sense for use on 8310 and 8130 (the only BlackBerrys with both camera and on-board GPS)

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA

Haha nice friend that you have if you are the goverment you might get the licence plate software but I don't realy exist only in "jack BAuer 24"

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

The license plate thing is kinda true. You have to sign up for the site though.

http://www.pl8scan.com/

There's the site. You can text to one another. It's kinda cool.

The picture app i have never even heard of though.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^looks like a kinda cool app red, but at least it doesn't give out name and private info it just allows you to send messages to the driver.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    STACK

yea no names...that would be very bad.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

That camera thing is called ITookThisOnMyPhone. Its automatically uploads all tygr pictures you take to your album on that website.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by takadante View Post

That camera thing is called ITookThisOnMyPhone. Its automatically uploads all tygr pictures you take to your album on that website.
    That's a image hosting site, he's looking for something that you take a pic and then it sends you infomation about the object in the picture back to you.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I am sure within the next year there will be a great deal of harrasments suits tied into the license plate issue. Talk about an easy way to stalk someone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    STACK

There is no info given out to you. You have to access the site to even get the messages. Everything is totally safe. Read the info on the site.

http://groups.google.com/group/PL8SC...92e79354710dff

You can't stalk anyone, unless you give out all your info. then that's your fault.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

yeah, but if you have my license number----and memorize it....you can continually send me messages---therefore, stalking.

Just not my cuppa joe---but for some it may be! I dont need to "hit up" the hot chick in the car next to me during rush hour! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you reading the info the site is giving you?? The ONLY way to retrieve the messages is to go to the site and get them. It does not send you the actual text message. You have to go get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast