figured out but just want some with more knowledge than I about the 8100 (dont ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mormat no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been reading and think I have most of this

Advertisement

figured out but just want some with more knowledge than I about the 8100 (dont have it yet but is in the mail wooohooo), If I have read correctly, the format for ringtones on the 8100 is MP3, I already have a program that I have made tones for my V551 which I can save a MP3. Wanting make sure that I can save to my ringtone folder (which I have other tones created for V551 in) and then load them to the 8100 via usb and/or micro sd. Can someone set me straight on this? Thanks in advance

MM

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: I have been reading and think I have most of this

Quote Originally Posted by mormat
    figured out but just want some with more knowledge than I about the 8100 (dont have it yet but is in the mail wooohooo), If I have read correctly, the format for ringtones on the 8100 is MP3, I already have a program that I have made tones for my V551 which I can save a MP3. Wanting make sure that I can save to my ringtone folder (which I have other tones created for V551 in) and then load them to the 8100 via usb and/or micro sd. Can someone set me straight on this? Thanks in advance

MM
    Hi there.

I have a small program I use also to make snippets of my existing MP3s and make ringtones out of those. I am then able to transfer them into the ringtones folder of my BB. You should not have any problems transferring your existing files over :-). Let me know how it turns out.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

Quote Originally Posted by ryfoster
    Hi there.

I have a small program I use also to make snippets of my existing MP3s and make ringtones out of those. I am then able to transfer them into the ringtones folder of my BB. You should not have any problems transferring your existing files over :-). Let me know how it turns out.
    Thank you for the reply, I was just wanting to make sure that the format was correct (MP3 for 8100) so I didnt screw up my new phone (when it gets here LOL) Thanks again

MM

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

I believe it also uses MIDI files which are smaller but don't usually sound as good (not always true though).

Just another option.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    I believe it also uses MIDI files which are smaller but don't usually sound as good (not always true though).

Just another option.

Bill
    Thanks Bill, the proggy I have will let me save as "Midi, Wav or MP3" so that should work right ?

Thanks

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Yeah...i don't foresee any problems with you using your prog to save the files as MIDI. That does save you space...u can always go w/ a nice size MicroSD card and jam it up with MP3 clips and even movies, l plan on getting a memory card today :-).
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

Quote Originally Posted by ryfoster
    Yeah...i don't foresee any problems with you using your prog to save the files as MIDI. That does save you space...u can always go w/ a nice size MicroSD card and jam it up with MP3 clips and even movies, l plan on getting a memory card today :-).
    Thanks ryfoster, I have already ordered a 1gig micro card for the phone, so it would be best to save tones and pix to the card and then access them from the phone, is that correct

Thanks