Sometimes when my screen goes black and I push a key to bring back the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

I have a problem!

Advertisement

Sometimes when my screen goes black and I push a key to bring back the home screen,it seems to come back faded and discolered. Any idea on what might be wrong and should I contact TMobile? This is my second Pearl(I just mailed the last one back) and I am becoming frustrated! What should I do or any advice? Thanks!

Kwolf

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: I have a problem!

Does it seem like its the autodim? Cause if that is the case, it is normal

PIN/ID
    204C37B2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No it actually fades! Menu, all apps and it all keeps the same amount of light. It has happened to me 4 times now!

Kwolf

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe you could take a picture of the before and after picture so we could see if its normal or not. If you can't then don't worry about it.

COJO 24

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No it actually fades! Menu, all apps and it all keeps the same amount of light. It has happened to me 4 times now!

Kwolf
    another new bug on the pearl? really can't understand how you put up with it!

Not heard of that one yet. I guess make sure you are running the latest software, and even if you are might be worth reinstalling anyway to make sure your current install isn't corrupt in someway.

PIN/ID
    204C37B2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No its not the autodim. It actually distorts the color and the fades everthing, homescreen, apps, and menu.plus it stays just as bright.

Kwolf

PIN/ID
    204C37B2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sorry duplicate post. Also I can't take a pic of it. I'm just thinking about calling tech support again and seeing what they say.

Kwolf

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sorry duplicate post. Also I can't take a pic of it. I'm just thinking about calling tech support again and seeing what they say.

Kwolf
    you're running a different, newer s/w version to what t-mobile run in the UK, and i haven't seen this issue on any of our pearls yet.

Still if it was a bug i'd expect other posts about it. Maybe you jsut have a slight corruption in one of the modules loaded on your device. Have you tried doing a software reinstall?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

ok, one more thing before you call them. Have you tried doing a battery pull? While the phone is on, pull the battery. Leave it out for 30 seconds and replace.

Sometimes when my screen goes black and I push a key to bring back the home screen,it seems to come back faded and discolered. Any idea on what might be wrong and should I contact TMobile? This is my second Pearl(I just mailed the last one back) and I am becoming frustrated! What should I do or any advice? Thanks!

Kwolf
    one other thing, is this the reason the first pearl went back?

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Do all the typical troubleshooting (battery pull, firmware reinstall, etc.).

If it still occurs it could be a hardware issue. If the screen it self seems to dim but the backlight stays on there could be a broken/loose solder joint in the display. If this is the case I would call tmob and yet and get another replacement). I have never seen this happen on a BB before, but have seen this happen on flip phones.

This question was asked before, but was this the issue you experienced with your first pearl?

BReady

PIN/ID
    204C37B2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No this was not the reason for BB #1. BB #1 went back cause it had a purple spot on the screen. Also All the usual dosent help either.

Kwolf

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

sorry, you don't have a problem...you have bad luck.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

kwolf, i would definately do a firmware upgrade, to maybe a newer more stable OS - cingular has an update v.71. if this doesn't fix the problem, then yes, i would return the device.