Im having a problem with my pearl. I got the phone from a friend of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Nepok no está en línea Stack level 2

Question How do I delete a hotmail account on the pearl?

Advertisement

Im having a problem with my pearl. I got the phone from a friend of mine and he added his hotmail account to the phone and I have tried everything to delete it but Im still getting his emails, even though there is no icon to access that account.
    Last edited by Nepok; 10-11-2007 at 01:51 AM.

srtdave no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2445f3de

Re: i got a question

depending on your service provider you may be able to log onto the online account and access the email accounts from there and be able to dissable it.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hotmail is only available on the pearl when it is set up through Windows Outlook or Windows Outlook plus, so try this: have your friend deactivate Outlook, then go into "Set Up Email" on your Pearl. You should be able to delete it now. Once you delete it he can activate Outlook again and you should stop receiving his emails. Now this is just a guess of mine. If it doesn't work post it in here. Someone in here can figure out what's going on just in case it doesn't work

Nepok no está en línea Stack level 2

I have tried that but no luck!! Thanks anyways.
    Anyone else can help me out.???

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

have you tried going to Menu -->Options--> Advanced Options -->Service Books
    from there try deleting the hotmail one...this should keep you from receiving any more as long as you don't resend said service book or re-register with the network...hope this helps...post back plz

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547
    have you tried going to Menu -->Options--> Advanced Options -->Service Books
    from there try deleting the hotmail one...this should keep you from receiving any more as long as you don't resend said service book or re-register with the network...hope this helps...post back plz
    If that does not work call up your provider asuming that it is the same provider he has and have them release your pin, and readd it in RIM's provisioning tool. If the PIN is still attached at thier side there is lttle that you can do to change it.