To make a along story short, it was the LCD screen itself. Before this I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

I Fixed the White Screen of Death!!!!

Advertisement

To make a along story short, it was the LCD screen itself.
    Before this I tried EVERYTHING- re-installing the OS numerous times, jeffallens8's write-up on insulating the metal trim from the motherboard- NOTHING worked... so I pretty much gave up on it... fast forward to the present.... I found a Pearl on that auction site that had what seemed to be OS issues, so I put in a bid and I won... well I couldn't bring that Pearl back to life, but for the fun if it I swapped the LCD with the one that was all white, and it worked like a charm!!!!! So I have my backup Pearl after all!!!

I like happy endings....

Now you may choose to go with a new replacement, but if you decide to use one from a donor Pearl, here's something to watch out for:

The LCD screens do not have much flex in them- I found this out the hard way, luckily it was the one that was already damaged- and the adhesive backing that keeps them attached to the motherboard is VERY sticky.... this a step you cannot rush through AT ALL... TAKE YOUR TIME HERE!
    Also, try to do this in an enviroment that is CLEAN; the inside of the lens screen on the body is also held in place with adhesive, and it picks up dust and lint very easily...

Good luck to all that should try this, and of course, do so only at YOUR own risk....

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Thanx that is a great help!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just out of curiosity...what website is this that you won your pearl from?

Thanks!

jtberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow and thank you soo much. Ohhh the thin lines between love of successful instals and Operation then the hated failed attempts for it all..

Thx guys.