it wont turn on anymore. it has a red flashing light on the top and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bpeezy no está en línea Stack level 1

I dropped my pearl and..

Advertisement

it wont turn on anymore. it has a red flashing light on the top and it wont power on anymore, and I also tried to reinstall the OS back on it but my desktop manager wont recognize the blackberry at all. my only options are <None>, USB, and COM3... and in the guides it says I have to selected USB PIN, but thats not an option.. and my blackberry will not turn on at all

ScarletHarlot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Holy crap, what did you drop it on/in? Cause I've dropped my pearl a few times (cover and no cover) and I've never had that issue, from ceramic tile to linoleum and everything in between.
    Slash is not a choice, it is a lifestyle! x3

i just drropped it on a wood floor with a silicone case around it was my first time ever dropping it!

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    Does the computer recognize that you've plugged anything in at all? If so, open DM, then open Application Loader. Then you could try to pop out the battery, plug it into the PC, and immediately try to go into App Loader to load the OS.

However, I think you might be out of luck on this one...if it won't power on, most likely there is physical damage inside. Typically re-installing the OS is a software fix, and, well, you dropped it, so damage appears to be hardware.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It sounds like you may damaged internal. :cry: I've dropped mine several times too (have it in silicone case), but never had a severe problem. How long have you had it? I had to replace mine after a different issue. If its within a yr you should be covered.

the computer wont recognize it at all :/ i guess ill have to get a new phone!

Trottsky no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's really unfortunate man. I use the leather sleeve that comes with it. I dropped it once on pavement and it slid a few feet. No scratches on either. No lie.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am on Curve #3 after having dropped the first two. One I just replaced cuz the screen was shot... The other I dropped and without realizing I had dropped it drove a semi over it..... Wasn't much left...

Hope, though it has been dropped once, my Bold will be less accident prone than my Curves have been!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan