Ok, I"m excited and at the same time a lil worried since this is my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

I did it, I ordered an 8100.

Advertisement

Ok, I"m excited and at the same time a lil worried since this is my 1st blackberry. What are the chances I'm keeping this baby?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

blbeach no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: I did it, I ordered an 8100.

And If you don't love the keyboard, try an 8700, but you give up the camera, expanded memory, and mp3 player. You do get a wider screen though.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only reason I didn't keep the one I got was because my wife didn't let me. It is great device and with it being so compact, that makes it more convenient along with the regular phone type of feel

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

My one advice is: patience! At least give it a few days no matter how frustrated you get. Once you get used to the layout and text/buttons you're not gonna put it down!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

alecsz no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah I just got it a couple days ago, at first it was very confusing and I couldn't do anything.. I could barely answer a call. In a few short days I've learned all of the main functions. Ask a lot of questions, people are nice

desjr7359 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

I too am a first time Blackberry user. First day, will be overwhelming. But the learning curve is really nice. Once you've got a MicroSD card in it, you'll really love it. Basically is my phone/video player/Ipod all in one. Still love my Ipod 60, but it allows me to leave it in my car now when I go to work. Still learning things it can do too.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey congrats and take care of ur new baby.

Thanks, I knew I'd get positive comments here. I know I'll be back in a couple of days with more questions

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    Thanks, I knew I'd get positive comments here. I know I'll be back in a couple of days with more questions
    Go through Amazon or some other source and order up a MicroSD card. Do it now so that you have it close to when the phone arrives.

1GB Kingston or SanDisk are going for about $28 to $33.

Also, look at my thread on Blackberry Video Converter. Download the sample videos now so you will have them when the Pearl arrives. Trust me you're gonna want those so you can see how the player works. If you don't like my samples, as Sam the Tow Truck Driver once said : "That's the way the weenie wobbles kid."

Also, I recommend you either get that Seidio adapter that allows you to use any headphones with your Pearl or you go to Best Buy and get a Jabra stereo headset/earphones combo. You are gonna need those to play MP3 and my music videos.

Basically cruise the threads to see what we all have been talking about so you can get the stuff ahead of time. No need to wait and then order after the BB arrives. That is frustrating.

Oh, also may want to order a set of the Best Skins Ever protectors. It puts a film all over the Pearl, so it protects your screen and other parts. Plus it eliminates the fingerprints issue and makes the Pearl easier to hold [less slippery].

And might as well get a lanyard too. See threads discussing that.

I'll keep my video samples on my server for a few more days so you all can download them.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Oh, forgot to mention, you made a wise decision getting the Pearl.

Don't blow it by sending it back.

What else can I store on this sd micro card? Because from what I read, I didnt think I could store stuff on it and use it like a drive or can you? Can I run apps off of it?

djmack no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes you can store and run things on the sd card just as you could on a flash drive

Oh I didnt know that, here I thought I couldnt store and play mp3's on it. Thats good news. Wonder where I misread, probably another bb model? Another question, does this phone have a security lock on it?
    Last edited by ocanyc; 10-19-2006 at 01:19 AM.