Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Yogich So... having tried everything else --aside from the 88xx series, that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    So... having tried everything else --aside from the 88xx series, that is-- I'll use the 8100 until it goes belly up. For what the shipping costs have been for seven units --8320, 8120, 8120, Dash, Dash, Dash, 8120... I could have had a V8 (8800). LOL
    Wow, what a story. I give you a lot of credit for the way you've handled yourself in the face of this debacle. Many would be flaming T-Mo, RIM, and anyone else that got in the way. It's very apparent to me (after reading your posts) that you certainly have done your part. I commend you for the efforts you've made. Like so many others here, I'm on my 8th BlackBerry without a problem. I do not say that to make you feel bad, but rather to encourage you to stick with it. For what it's worth, I would think you have odds in your favor that the next BlackBerry you get will be a winner. I cannot imagine you having any more problems than you've already experienced.

Cheers

vipero07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try using the 4.5 OS, even though its not yet offered from T-mobile, i noticed this has sped up my 8120 a lot. Initially the default OS from t-mobile was terrible, clunky, and slowed down often. The orange UK 4.5 works fine, and does UMA still, make sure its not the 4.5.0.53 build though, this build tends to brick sim cards (at least on t-mobile)

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I use 4.5.0.52 on mine and it works great!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

drepope100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2576b7d1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by vipero07 View Post
    Try using the 4.5 OS, even though its not yet offered from T-mobile, i noticed this has sped up my 8120 a lot. Initially the default OS from t-mobile was terrible, clunky, and slowed down often. The orange UK 4.5 works fine, and does UMA still, make sure its not the 4.5.0.53 build though, this build tends to brick sim cards (at least on t-mobile)
    Were you using 4.3 originally?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MRMyers no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can sympathize. I changed from an 8100 to the 8120 and loath it to no end. So far the bloody thing lags to the point it locks up. I've had to do more battery pulls on this thing then I can count. It was eating text messages. Just sitting in its holster with an incoming call or txt message would seem to be more than it could handle and would lock up until I pulled the battery.

T mobiles tech support's only answer is to reformat the bloody thing.

What pissed me off the most was when the camera decided to start working. I reformatted reinstalled no avail. They finally sent me a replacement. two days before it arrives the camera starts working again so I have to send the new one back.

I don't begrudge RIM, I think I just got a lemon, it happens. But T mobile is seriously pissing me right the **** off. I want to stay with them so I'm about pleading for a curve, or any other smart pone. I'm even willing to pay so far the best offer they've given me is a old curve for 200$ but I have to extend my contract.

stowberryjamz no está en línea Stack level 1

8120 vs curve

I didn't have to extend my contract when I returned the pearl in exchange for a curve. Of course, I kept the pearl for a few days before I decided I didn't like it. It froze, ate messages, and won't connect to my local wifi -- among other frustrating things. I did 2 exchanges for the pearl when I finally called it quits and decided it was the model itself that was screwing me over.. And then the curve came and it was love at first sight.
    -------
    -------

*happy pearl noob*
    *squee*

-------
    -------

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Had my Pearl for over a year and I loved it. Great little BB for me. I went to the 8900 and fell in love with it too.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I am currently using my Wife's old Treo 680, my 8120 is the only blackberry that quit working on me. I had problems from the start, but was eventually able to fix it. I reloaded the OS, but after 10 months of the Port being broken and really finding out that the Treo 680 does everything except WIFI that the 8120 does, plus the native apps are better....makes me not love Blackberry anymore. Anytime a phone that is 3 years old is better than a current one, that poses a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12