Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

<RANT> I curse the day I ordcered my first 8120 ...and accepted two more, after ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

I curse the 8120, and the day I ordered it!

Advertisement

<RANT>
    I curse the day I ordcered my first 8120 ...and accepted two more, after that, and watched each of them start developing problems during the first week --not responding; freezing up solid, so that a BP was necessary; booting after BP, in a locked condition; locking up while loading a web page; wiping device, only to have it lock up when it booted.

I also curse TMO's inability to get QUALITY equipment, apparently. I am not the only one, I know that, for certain. I have talked to another who has had these problems, and went through 3 BB 8120s ...only to end up with a Sidekick. I curse RIM for their shoddy crap.

If anyone has a SOLUTION, I am all ears. I have a two-year contract, a non-working unit, will not order a fourth. I am using my 1.5-yr-old 8100 WHICH WORKS. Why, oh why, one asks, did I order the damn thing in the first place?? WI-FI!!!! That's why... so I end up with non-working units. It's like they have a spell on them, or some damn thing.
    </RANT>

My rating:
    ...Yogich

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry you've been having such problems... Must just be unlucky... I ordered my 8120 from tmo the week after they came out and haven't really had any major problems with it!

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Only problems I had with my 8120 is the updating process is so difficult. Many times I got very frustrated updating the OS. Wish it could be more streamlined, but each carrier does things differently.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Logical_psycho no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248711DD
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Are you sure they are not giving you returned units.They have done that here

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    I curse the day I ordcered my first 8120
    I also curse TMO's inability to get QUALITY equipment
    I curse RIM for their shoddy crap.
    If anyone has a SOLUTION, I am all ears.
    So sorry to hear of the frustration you have suffered.
    That said, as I see it, you have a few choices.

1) Let go of your resentments, and frustrations and give T-Mobile a fresh start.
    2) Let go of your belief that RIM has "shoddy crap" and give them a fresh start.
    3) Pay the ETF (early termination fee) leave T-Mobile and switch to another carrier.
    4) Switch to another carrier and another brand of phone.

Believe me I'm the last person that likes the idea of suggesting that you give up on T-Mobile and RIM, however once a person reaches a certain point of frustration (which appears to be the case here) why continue?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    For what it's worth, I'm using an 8120 on T-Mobile and it's been excellent.
    I bought if for the WiFi which I use everywhere, everyday.
    I could not be happier!

Cheers...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm using an 8120 on T-Mobile and it's been excellent.
    I bought if for the WiFi which I use everywhere, everyday.
    I could not be happier!

Cheers...
    FYI, Yogich, I've had the same experience as Archer - I got one for the same reason, the wifi and it's been perfect. Can you try once more and get T-Mobile to check the device BEFORE you walk out with it? Just a thought....

If not, I think I'd take the early out suggestion but not give up RIM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    The only reason you are having problems is because of your memory card... Delete any pics that are on the device memory... Save any files that are on your memory card than reformat it... Everything should be good after that.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    my friend had a problem with his first 8100 when he got it, it frozed up and i had to help him get another one so i did that he went through 3 of them until finally worked for the last time .... so you should order another one through manufactures warranty because its not your fault and you should have a working device for that 2 year contract of yours.... hope this helps... have a nice day...

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Don't give up RIM Yogich, remember you tried that once and came back

I thank everyone for their replies. Unfortunately, I have tried all ...except leaving TMO. I still am using my nearly two-yr-old 8100. it's a work horse. Between that, a Dash, a Shadow, perhaps I'll be set ...until the bugs get worked out of the devices & network.

TMO finally admitted 'known Issues' and are sending me a Shadow. they said I did such a good job debugging that they had nothing more to suggest. go figure.

For those whose brand spankin' new BBs work great, count your blessings ...and I truly am very happy for you!!

thanks, again!
    ...Yogich

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Keep the faith

I have had 3 BB's in 3 years...first a pearl 8100 that worked flawlessly, an 8800, unlocked, purchased on eBay, and now an 8120. Have NEVER had problems with any of them. I will suggest that you take it to a TMO store with your reciept to get a new one in a box... Why, you ask? Because TMO will send you a refurb (most often), but the TMO store will not only give you a new one in the box, but will power it up and check it for you too.

I have been dealing with TMO, online, so the store will do nothing, for me. Fact is, TMO support told me to go to the local store, and then admitted that the store would do nothing, and apologized for telling me to do so.

Like I said: my 8100 is a work horse, and that is the one I now use. Of course, I can't get the money back for the Dash, nor for the 8120. They will, however, send me a Shadow, as I mentioned, for the reason(s) I mentioned. Perhaps I should sell them on eBay. That's where I got my work horse, actually.

So... having tried everything else --aside from the 88xx series, that is-- I'll use the 8100 until it goes belly up. For what the shipping costs have been for seven units --8320, 8120, 8120, Dash, Dash, Dash, 8120... I could have had a V8 (8800). LOL
    Last edited by Yogich; 09-23-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    ...Yogich

mitchsurp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F0115
    I can honestly say that after upgrading to 4.5, I've had NO issues with my 8120 on TMO.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    FYI Yogich, I am using an 8120 on ATT and LOVE it!! Best phone I have ever owned, and its like my 5th BB!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast