I have a problem viewing e-mail attachments. Ive done a search on the forums and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mgorman87 no está en línea Stack level 1

i can't view my e-mail attachments

Advertisement

I have a problem viewing e-mail attachments. Ive done a search on the forums and couldnt come up with anything. When i get an email with JPEG pictures in it it doesnt let me see them. It says at the bottom Application: Unknown Attachment. I have been able to view, one time, pictures in an email. I forget what format they were in. I am using my schools email address and i dont have BIS since i dont work fora business. any help would be appreciated thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: i can't view my e-mail attachments

How are you accessing your school email? Through a browser connection?

If you have a BIS connection (Thats for personal email...BES is the Corporate Email you referred to) when the email gets pushed to your phone you can click on the message and an option will appear to "view attachment".

If you are accessing your school email thru a web browser, you won't be able to view any attachments via that interface.

all i did to set it up is when i turned on the phone for the first time i ran the setup an email account thingy on the phone and added my email address. Im not going into the browser and going to the school email page and accessing it that way if thats what you were asking. and no i havnt reloaded my OS recently i just go the phone a few weeks ago

sssikand no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: i can't view my e-mail attachments

The blackberry attachment handler is retarded. In my experience, it does not care about the MIME type -- it only cares about the extension.

Here is an example:

If a multi-media message is sent via email to the Curve from, say a
    Motorola phone, the header looks like this:

Content-Type: image/jpeg
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Location: media1.jpeg
    Content-ID: <media1.jpeg>
    Content-Disposition: inline

The BlackBerry device does not recognize this file even though the
    Content-Type is correct.

However, the device does recognize the same file if I rename it to.JPG on a computer and resend it:

Content-Type: image/jpeg;
    name="img.JPG"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Disposition: inline; filename="img.JPG"

This is a major flaw in the BlackBerry design -- the MIME type is not
    respected and instead only the file extension is used to determine if
    the attachment can be opened.

ok well we all need to team up and spam RIM customer support with this problem lol. is there n e way to fix this?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by mgorman87
    I have a problem viewing e-mail attachments. Ive done a search on the forums and couldnt come up with anything. When i get an email with JPEG pictures in it it doesnt let me see them. It says at the bottom Application: Unknown Attachment. I have been able to view, one time, pictures in an email. I forget what format they were in. I am using my schools email address and i dont have BIS since i dont work fora business. any help would be appreciated thanks
    I think you hvnt loaded the attachment module on to ur phone.connect ur phone to ur comp,launch DM/application loader and check the rim attachment service box(I think that's what its called) and load it into ur phone. That should fix it.

it has been loaded though because i have been able to view a .ppt attachment in an e-mail and an e-mail with a picture but the ones that have attachment/jpeg dont show up.