Sorry if this is a dupe. I followed all sorts of instructions in an old ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DemoCat827 no está en línea Stack level 2

I CANNOT get Desktop Manager to work

Advertisement

Sorry if this is a dupe. I followed all sorts of instructions in an old thread, but nothing works.

I have a MacBook with Windows Parallel Desktop. I have downloaded the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager from AT&T using Windows. It seems like it installs, but when I try to set up the connection it doesn't give me a choice as to how to connect, and I can't check the "Detect Connection" box. Also, the program doesn't appear in the list of Windows programs or in Program Files. I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the program, to no avail. I have edited the registry to remove entries and then reinstalled, to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?

The reason I want to do this is so I can perhaps "Pimp My Pearl" and "Colour My Trackball," as well as download themes I don't already have (which are Pink, Phantom, Sunday Funnies).

Thanks to anyone who can help me keep my remaining hair on my head!

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: I CANNOT get Desktop Manager to work

I use a mac as well, I decided to dual boot instead of using parallels due to certain drivers etc not working properly in parallels, that may be what is causing you issues as well, I will look into this more as I also reside on a mac forum.

DemoCat827 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: I CANNOT get Desktop Manager to work

I also tried installing it on my husband's Windows Vista laptop - same problem. It's very strange. Thanks for responding! I guess I'll have to settle for the themes I do have.