Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I havent heard back from the development team as yet , but I am sure ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alvin34865 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: I am willing to fund the development of an app to.....

Advertisement

I havent heard back from the development team as yet , but I am sure they must be working on getting this project started.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

OK people....let's all take a deep breath. It's only video for the Pearl we are talking about. Not all that important if you ask me. It would be nice to have but if I can't have it, then oh well.
    I keep my phones for a couple of years anyway before I upgrade so by the time i'm ready for my next phone the one I get will probably not only be able to shoot video but it will also paint my house and babysit for me.

IMHO,
    BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreeze
    OK people....let's all take a deep breath. It's only video for the Pearl we are talking about. Not all that important if you ask me. It would be nice to have but if I can't have it, then oh well.
    I keep my phones for a couple of years anyway before I upgrade so by the time i'm ready for my next phone the one I get will probably not only be able to shoot video but it will also paint my house and babysit for me.

IMHO,
    BRZ

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

anyway, back to the point of the thread: video recording.

if you don't like the idea, then as was mentioned, you don't have to be a part of it. several users are offering to fund development attempts so why not try to keep the thread on topic?

just for the record (since many are speaking from their own minimal knowledge and not a 1st hand source), if you go back and read the articles from bbcool, bg and a few other enthusiast sites you would know RIM chose not to include vid recording capability into the pearl, not that the device was incapable hardware wise (key difference). OS limitations aren't the same as hardware.

Again, goodluck to the thread and thread maker. I hope you yield positive results.

thank you for your support and the many others on this thread. I am looking forward to this application with eager anticipation.

rkhettry23 no está en línea Stack level 1

I would be interested in testing a product like this, please keep me informed

Can someone contact me and inform me via email the status of my request regarding the development of a video recording application for the pearl?

my email is alvin3486@gmail.com

thanks

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So if video capability is just an os or software fix, then is that the same for streaming media? I would love to be able to browse YouTube videos on my pearl without having to download and convert. Or be able to watch Padre highlights of them beating on the Giants as they did tonight (sorry SF fans). Can we fund this next please? Thanks! Oh back on the thread topic, any news Alvin?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120

So if video capability is just an os or software fix, then is that the same for streaming media?
    there's not really a piece of software that will get around that since it comes down to the make of our BB OS. We sacrifice some of the fun features in return for stability and security.

a recording program would be different since it'd just be deciding what to do with the incoming information the camera is providing when active. the problems to be worked around would be memory used (to run app and save files), stability, fps, length of videos, quality, etc. it'd be more difficult for it to run side-by-side since it wouldn't be built-in as a core application.

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120

So if video capability is just an os or software fix, then is that the same for streaming media? I would love to be able to browse YouTube videos on my pearl without having to download and convert. Or be able to watch Padre highlights of them beating on the Giants as they did tonight (sorry SF fans). Can we fund this next please? Thanks! Oh back on the thread topic, any news Alvin?

no updated news as of yet, I guess they must be working on it, i did get an email from a member of the blackberry development team saying they would get back to me shortly.

As soon as I get any news at all I will share it with all.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

We have been working on this. The main problem we are running into is the ability to only record 3fps and anything less than 15fps is absolutely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    We have been working on this. The main problem we are running into is the ability to only record 3fps and anything less than 15fps is absolutely worthless.
    thanks for the heads up , keep us posted on how things are progressing. Is there any other problems you guys are having or is that the only one? just curious:cry:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123