Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by peterbabiy ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ahhh if only I had more time to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alvin34865 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: I am willing to fund the development of an app to.....

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ahhh if only I had more time to play with the os. But support the idea let's see how much it'll cost.
    I really dont care how much it cost, i am willing to put out a substantial amount of whatever the cost is to get it developed , tested and delivered. Its cruel to buy a phone like the blackberry pearl thats worth over 250 bucks , and all you can do with the camera is snap still photos.

what makes it even worse is that I have a 2GB microsd memory card, what I am gonna do , just fill it up with hundreds of photos?

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Quote Originally Posted by alvin34865
    I really dont care how much it cost, i am willing to put out a substantial amount of whatever the cost is to get it developed , tested and delivered. Its cruel to buy a phone like the blackberry pearl thats worth over 250 bucks , and all you can do with the camera is snap still photos.

what makes it even worse is that I have a 2GB microsd memory card, what I am gonna do , just fill it up with hundreds of photos?
    I enjoy having full length movies on mine. Airplanes, restaurants, work, waiting lines at the RMV, etc. Great feature to have.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by seedyburner
    I enjoy having full length movies on mine. Airplanes, restaurants, work, waiting lines at the RMV, etc. Great feature to have.
    Agreed....lunch is a lot more fun now that I can watch my Bugs Bunny cartoons that I have on my Pearl.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by alvin34865

Why do you even have a 2GB card for your pearl? If I was you I would fill it with music, music videos, and maybe a movie or two or three.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    Why do you even have a 2GB card for your pearl? If I was you I would fill it with music, music videos, and maybe a movie or two or three.
    What do you have against 2GB cards?

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think to some degree, funding this is kinda pointless. I'm sure it was not included for a reason. The Pearl can barely handle video playback (forget high bitrate, full-frame 30 fps video...won't happen), so actually encoding that stuff in real-time is totally out of the question. There just isn't enough horsepower under the hood... (unless you count that crappy 30px x 30px stuff from other "video" phones that is hardly usable)

Quote Originally Posted by drummer12
    I think to some degree, funding this is kinda pointless. I'm sure it was not included for a reason. The Pearl can barely handle video playback (forget high bitrate, full-frame 30 fps video...won't happen), so actually encoding that stuff in real-time is totally out of the question. There just isn't enough horsepower under the hood... (unless you count that crappy 30px x 30px stuff from other "video" phones that is hardly usable)
    I remember people talking just like you when the psp first hit store shelves. 1 year and more later, numerous firmware updates have unlocked and even introduced some amazing capabilities , so I fail to grasp your point.

I have a $60 cheap sony ericsson flip phone that does video recording quite well and that phone is over 3 years old, so you are telling in me that my $250+ blackberry pearl is inferior to my 3 year old sony ericsson? not enough horse power under the hood of the blackberry pearl?
    Last edited by alvin34865; 03-31-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Well, I am going by the basic notion of video playback on the pearl is not all that great. Sure it works okay at really low bitrates, but if you don't like blocky video, it won't work well. Intrinsically, video recording and encoding takes up A LOT more CPU than decoding. Hence, I am saying unless you want really crappy video quality (which I hope most Pearl users DON'T want)...it probably can't do it.

I doubt a 3 year old cell phone can record video well, unless you have a very low standard of judging Most people I know (including myself) don't use video recording a lot b/c hardly any phone can actually produce anything that is usable. Maybe some of the recent ones might be better (haven't kept totally up to date), but I know my last Moto was useless in that regard.

And FYI, I still think the camera in the Pearl sucks. Even my last Moto was better for that...and I know a lot of cameraphones that are even better as well. Come on RIM!

And even if the Pearl could do video well...I still hold my point b/c by the time this software is actually funded, created, tested and working decently...RIM will already have something out that is stable.
    Last edited by drummer12; 03-31-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer12
    Well, I am going by the basic notion of video playback on the pearl is not all that great. Sure it works okay at really low bitrates, but if you don't like blocky video, it won't work well. Intrinsically, video recording and encoding takes up A LOT more CPU than decoding. Hence, I am saying unless you want really crappy video quality (which I hope most Pearl users DON'T want)...it probably can't do it.

I doubt a 3 year old cell phone can record video well, unless you have a very low standard of judging Most people I know (including myself) don't use video recording a lot b/c hardly any phone can actually produce anything that is usable. Maybe some of the recent ones might be better (haven't kept totally up to date), but I know my last Moto was useless in that regard.

And FYI, I still think the camera in the Pearl sucks. Even my last Moto was better for that...and I know a lot of cameraphones that are even better as well. Come on RIM!
    well you do have a point , RIM could have at least made a decent attempt with the camera feature. Hopefully the next blackberry will have that and more. Hopefully that is, but then again RIM may have a different policy regarding where they want to take their blackberry product.

shuteru no está en línea Stack level 2

The more people saying "It can't be done" , "Why Bother", "it'll never happen" the sweeter it will be when it does.

Keep up the good work, everyone, add me to the list of people offering to add to the bounty.
    Brand new in Box - Nextel 7100i For sale !

Details HERE

Jiffer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

RIM may indeed introduce better camera function and possibly video recording in newer product offering - but with some luck, still hoping to be using my Pearl for at least another 2-3 years - hence having this fuction on the 8100 would grealy be appreciated. I doubt that people will be replacing their videocams for the RIM - would just be a nice feature to capture special moments without really having to worry about "motion picture" quality. As expressed before - here's hoping that someone is prepared to take on this challenge.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I think you should make an app. I mean the razr has video recording, and the 250$ pearl doesn't come on. You guys are talking about how bad the camera is, it is really not that bad. My mom has the razr and wow is it bad. I took a pic in the dark with it of the radio and you could not see anything with the razr it was just pitch black. I took the same picture with my pearl and you could actually see the radio with some detail to it. I think video recording is a great idea. I think that we could have an app done much faster than RIM. I mean we have made many apps that do not involve RIM at all. I mean the trackball color changer, berry 411, multiplay. You don't see RIM helping us with any of that do you? What makes you think they will come out with a video recording update before we can? I mean yes, they might make a newe phone with video recording, but I would want to have video recording in the mean time while that is still being developed.

Just IMO

Gp

yup I totally agree with you guys, its about time to unleash the full potential of the blackberry pearl.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Drummer....I expect that you won't be requesting the program when its done right?

My suggestion? Whoever develops this doesn't even send you the trial. With your attitude no AMT of money should enable you to buy the app! But that's jmo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast