My Pearl is acting so weird since it was recovered. Slow and lots of loading ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

I Am Beyond Frustration...

Advertisement

My Pearl is acting so weird since it was recovered. Slow and lots of loading icons. I mean almost all the time. And also the phone shows reception but jivetalk and the browsers show no reception. Wtf?I'm absolutely tired of it. My computer is down so I have nothing to troubleshoot or reload OS. I'm basically waiting for the phone to die on me that's how it feels honestly.Sorry just had to rant.Btw Can someone do me a favor and shake their pearl up and down gently and tell me if they hear anything?

tj2311111 Guest

Re: I Am Beyond Frustration...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Btw if the pearl is actually done and warranty can't cover it. I'm most likely done with BB unless I pick up a older model.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

actually i do hear something when i shake mine, nothing major though, im not too worried.

thats a bummer, my pearl is my first bb and i love everything about it. sorry youre having such a hard time, your problems dont sound like they are in the unit though, it seems like if you could get to a working computer and reload the os that it might just work

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Borrow a friends computer or go to a library and install the DM and use that until you get a working computer. I would hate to see you leave BB just because of a bad experience

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Depending on where you are in jersey you are more than welcome to my PC and my pearl for checkin out.
    I am around all the time. PM me if you want. I'm in somerset PM me if you need my help!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

i just shook my pearl and heard nothing

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

i thnk its the track ball that you hear
    thanks ,
    shayne

tj2311111 Guest

Thanks for the offer. Thing is I can get access to a computer. But I have a feeling these problems aren't software related. I mean I haven't changed much on it to act this way and haven't heard of anyone experiencing these problems because of software. That's the most frustrating part knowing its not software related which is an easy fix.

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    Depending on where you are in jersey you are more than welcome to my PC and my pearl for checkin out.
    I am around all the time. PM me if you want. I'm in somerset PM me if you need my help!
    haah i did that " hold alt + F4 " , nice lol. i feel dumb now haha
    thanks ,
    shayne

tj2311111 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shayne63
    i thnk its the track ball that you hear
    Its not the trackball. It has more of a metal sound and it is coming from inside. It could be anything though.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

lose micro card? how long have you had the BB?
    did you buy it from a TMO store?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

How high up did you drop it dude? If something metal is rattling around, I'd be scared as hell that I completely broke mine!!!

tj2311111 Guest

I checked the micro card area and it doesn't seen to be that. I have had the BB for a couple of months. It was bought through the tmobile site.

The thing is I'm not the one who dropped the phone. I'm too cautious with it. When it was stolen the thieves dropped it into the bush when the cops were after them. So I have no clue of height or impact.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

that sucks, at least you got it back, thats the one cool part about living in a tiny boring little town... ive never been mugged... yet (man am i testing fate posting that)

and i know im not in your position and im not around your phone, but none of your problems sound like they would be some kind of physical malfunction due to it being chunked on the ground,

dont take that as insubordination at all, but my pearl has taken some pretty serious dives that have made me feel like a pretty careless blackberry owner and mine is still rock solid. if it does start to freeze or act slow and glitchy an os upgrade or reinstall has always taken care of it. ive found the first thing that usually happens when a phone has been dropped too much (or thrown too hard into bushes to try to hide the evidence after i rob someone) is that you get a frequent "sim card error"-- that started happening to me about a month ago and i got pretty nervous that my pearl was dieing but when i upgraded to the newest At&t 1.96 os even that stopped, (more testing fate...)

again, im not saying youre wrong because youre in a much better position to diagnose problems with your phone than i am but you should definitely give an os upgrade/reinstall a shot before you try to get a warranty replacement, and especially before you give up on BB completly, because it just might work a miracle

DoUhOllee no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if it was stolen then that was the reason it was damaged. If they caught the ppl who stole it then its their liability. If not, get the police report and take it to a tmoble store. Eithe way I'd try to reload the software.