Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

idk if im the only one or if im part of a big group of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hype

Advertisement

idk if im the only one or if im part of a big group of ppl that are very dissatisfied with the so called upgrade OS

this is the first time i ever upgraded my phone since i bought it, only reason i did it was becuz there was soooooooooooooo much hype for this new version. after spending nearly 5 hours infront of my computer trying to download this "upgrade" and troubleshoot it...i finanlly came to the conclusion that this isnt really an upgrade but more of a fancy *** downgrade....

cool new look for the camera...but wut happens when you take a pic?..super dark! yesssssssssss..just wut i needed...a camera that looks like crap!

theres more stuff i could add here, but theres other threads that mention them more in detail

i have apps that arent compatible with the new OS, i have games that dont go well with the new OS. nuthing about this new OS is actually worth it...(to me)

i wanna know, who else is with me on this?

and for those lucky few that have it working , how are you liking it? and wut BB do you have it working for?

one mans opinion...hope you could all respect it
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 06-13-2008 at 04:43 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i can respect that and feel pretty much the same way you do.

if you are a custom theme freak, i don't think you are going to be happy with anything 4.5 (at least not right now, until we can build themes to be compatible with it)

idk...i guess i am happy with the performance on my curve the video recording would be nice, but when i did have it, i couldn't send it MMS anyway... so ...

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    As I have said elsewhere, it's a good idea not to rush to jump on every new bandwagon. Personally I'll wait to hear others' impressions before I upgrade.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    As I have said elsewhere, it's a good idea not to rush to jump on every new bandwagon. Personally I'll wait to hear others' impressions before I upgrade.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Thank you!

Of course if EVERYBODY listens to me, we won't have ANYBODY's impressions to consider

But... if everybody listens to everything I say, everybody will be in a whole lot of trouble anyway!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I'm with you....no rush to upgrade here. I'm sticking with my stable 4.2 until the issues get worked out and of course themes can be developed cause I love cool themes on my BB!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    I'm with you....no rush to upgrade here. I'm sticking with my stable 4.2 until the issues get worked out and of course themes can be developed cause I love cool themes on my BB!
    I'm right there with you too Lava. I'm not wasting my time to install 4.5 when there is really nothing new. Another post has said that there is no HTML viewer included in the 4.5, is that true?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Yeah...nuthing rally upgraded but a few tweaks here n there..but not enuff for me to stop everything I'm doing n get the 4.5...

Couple of minor tweaks n a number upgrade are all your gonna expect from this new OS...oh yeah...n aggervation

But...those of you who do like it n did get it to work....more power to ya!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I couldn't even get it to work on my 8100 so I'm gonna wait until TMobile releases the upgrade.

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    i came on pinstack to be welcomed by a official release...only to be let down by reading user's reviews. well, guess ill just have to wait it out. this sh*t better be worth it.
    "I dont pray for lighter burdens, I pray for a stronger back."

jlosh3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess im one of the few that got 4.5 up and running...i have it on a t-mobile 8100 and had it working on the first try.

I love the new updated media player and the way all the media related stuff is set up...i also like the texting alot better..

The only dislikes i have about it are is that color pearl is not compatible with it right now but i have faith someone will make a new one and the os ran really slow when it first got installed but that got better and the camera is a bit dark....

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the one real reason I want to load this up tonight is for stereo Bluetooth. The jack on my 8100 got tweaked now my headphones don't work. Can anyone confirm that this version is stereo Bluetooth compatible? And if so can you use it with media player???

burky no está en línea Stack level 2
    can you unlock all vendor themes with the new OS?

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I just want video record, other that that 4.2 works fine for me.

Also I'd like to know about the stereo blue tooth too.

Does it run faster than the previous? Less hourglass or more. That's what kills this phone for me, the lag.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Have you ever seen an upgrade that runs faster than what it replaces?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast