MS Exchange server. I work for a company that has a BES server, but the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Xtole no está en línea Stack level 2

HTTP webmail sync problem (NON BES)

Advertisement

MS Exchange server.

I work for a company that has a BES server, but the IT policy they install on my BB stops me from downloading any 3rd party apps. Kinda makes the BB less fun, so I removed myself from the BES and reinstalled a blank IT policy.

I can still get my emails via our HTTP webmail service (like the MDA does). Trouble is, when I delete an email on my DESKTOP it does not delete from my BB. But when I read or delete from my BB, its removed it from my desktop.

I have played with the email options on my BB under EMAIL RECONCILIATION -> ON CONFLICTS. I have tried both HANDHELD WINS and MAILBOX WINS. Neither seem to help.

Worked great on my old MDA phone using same HTTP webmail service.

Any thoughts? Love my BB, but thinking about going back to MDA because of this :cry:

In a nutshell: When deleting emails from BB (not on BES, access via HTTP webmail) it does delete from my inbox. When deleting emails on my PC, it does NOT delete from my BB. Tried both HANDHELD/MAILBOX WINS options. No luck.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: HTTP webmail sync problem (NON BES)

When you delete from your BB, doesn't it give you the option

On Mailbox & Handheld
    On Handheld
    Cancel

Mine does, I'm not sure about the exchange server though. These are all BIS accounts.

Xtole no está en línea Stack level 2

It does give me that option, and it seems to work fine from the BB. IOW, I am able to delete from the BB and it reflects this on my PC.

My issue is the opposite: the emails dont seem to delete on my BB when I delete from my PC.

Dont think its my exchange server since it worked (still does) on my MDA accessing my email the same way.

The MDA is a Microsoft OS so has activesync. Perhaps "SYNC" is the key word here. Maybe the BB doesnt sync the same way? Lost.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, I'm not well versed in the BES, Outlook, Exchange, etc. since I don't use them. Hopefully someone who does will come along.