I am getting the above error when trying to access the internet. I converted from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bfournier no está en línea Stack level 2

Http Error 503 Service Unavailable

Advertisement

I am getting the above error when trying to access the internet. I converted from the BB 7290 and reviewed the TCP settings from the 7290. All of the TCP settings in the 7290 were blank...nothing in APN, User Name, etc. I have tried the APN settings WAP.CINGULAR, WAP@CINGULARGPRS.com, CINGULAR1 with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by bfournier; 11-02-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Re: Http Error 503 Service Unavailable

When I press details while this error is on display the pearl reads "MDS Service Unavailable: ula"....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bfournier, Are you on a BES? Have you done a Register Now from the Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table menu? It seems to me that it's trying to find your company MDS and can't find it.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi bf. When I was on BES I had that error numerous times. Try using a different browser and you should be fine. Opera for example always worked when I got that error.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi bf. When I was on BES I had that error numerous times. Try using a different browser and you should be fine. Opera for example always worked when I got that error.
    Yes I am a corporate user which I think means I am on a BES. How can I download a different browser if I can not access the internet?

I did the register now, received the email confirming I was registered and still recieved the error. The text below the erros reads" the server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. please try loading a different page. Contact so and so...."

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If I remember correctly since you are on BES you should have 2 browsers, a BlackBerry Browser, and an Internet Browser, do you?

Also you can go to mini.opera.com and download the Opera Mini browser. Let us know.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If I remember correctly since you are on BES you should have 2 browsers, a BlackBerry Browser, and an Internet Browser, do you?

Also you can go to mini.opera.com and download the Opera Mini browser. Let us know.
    You might have to have permission if you're on BES...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bfournier, You might want to contact your BB Admins and ask if the MDS server it having problems.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

when I look at my browser settings, I only have BB Browser and mMode as choices. I do not see an internet browser listed.

Is it possible to download the Opera browser even though I can visit any internet sites on my Pearl?

I loaded the Opera Mini Browser. It also does not work. When trying to get to the internet an error reading "Error.An Error occurred."
    When I test the connection for the browser in the browser setup, it is successful connecting.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I really think you need to contact your BB admins and find out what limitations they have placed on your BB with an IT Policy. Just to make sure you are not trying to do something that they have prohibited. And just to make sure what you are doing isn't considered a violation of company policy that will get you disciplinary action.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer