I get this error when using the included browser from T-Mobile. It only comes up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jbartlettjr no está en línea Stack level 1

HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

Advertisement

I get this error when using the included browser from T-Mobile. It only comes up when I try to access web sites other than the ones that come prebundled in the browser's history. I think it might have something to do with the Blackberry Enterprise Server at my firm, as I could access the websites at issues (e.g. Digg, Dailyrotation) just fine until the Enterprise Server activation kicked in. After that, my emails came in just fine, but my Internet access was (and still is) limited in the way I described above. Similarly, the Opera Mini Browser worked just fine before the BES activation, but now says "Failed to connect to the internet."

I was on the phone with T-Mobile blackberry support forever, and the representative swore up and down that the error had nothing to do with T-Mobile. However, my IT guy (who is very good), says there is nothing policy- or permission-wise activated on our BES that would restrict Internet access.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Jim

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Hey J, i would have your IT guy look thru his policies again to double check.... Something is now keeping your BB from connecting to the internet that wasnt there before you hooked up to BES. Correct??? He is probably missing something. You could always try and resend your service books again... maybe that could possiby help. I am sure that another member who uses BES will come along with some ideas for you too....
    Stay tuned... Welcome to Pinstack......
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

jbartlettjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Hey J, i would have your IT guy look thru his policies again to double check.... Something is now keeping your BB from connecting to the internet that wasnt there before you hooked up to BES. Correct??? He is probably missing something. You could always try and resend your service books again... maybe that could possiby help. I am sure that another member who uses BES will come along with some ideas for you too....
    Stay tuned... Welcome to Pinstack......
    Thanks. Yes, I tried resending the service books, but that only fixed the problem until I re-activated with the BES. It must be something on the BES side.

Jim

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jbartlettjr, Welcome to PinStack.

Yes, it really sounds like that there is either an IT Policy setting that is prohibiting access or possibly a problem in the BES MDS settings. Talk to your BB Admin in the IT Department agian.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles