Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by robertmrome Plus when it loads and you scroll to the bottom it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Re: HTML email... Who to go with??

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome
    Plus when it loads and you scroll to the bottom it says recieving more and takes another few seconds before anything can be displayed...
    I'm trying Empower now, and I don't like this "feature." I'd rather have the whole e-mail load when I first open it. Does BB Smart load the whole e-mail at once?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Actually, I think that limitation is not the software but the BB itself in an attempt to save memory space unless you actually need it.

Zo

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Actually, I think that limitation is not the software but the BB itself in an attempt to save memory space unless you actually need it.
    You're probably right; I'm trying BB Smart right now, and I'm getting the same thing, though not nearly as often. I'm liking the status bars in BB Smart, and it's loading faster than Empower did. I also noticed a lot of scrolling glitches (suddenly popping back up higher while I'm scrolling down) with Empower that I'm seeing very little of in BB Smart. After trying both, I think I'm sold on BB Smart. Heh, I didn't expect to end up going against the majority!

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

That is why we have options. Not everyone likes the same thing or even for the same reasons.

Zo.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been testing both BBSmart & Empower for the past week and the Verdict's in...

WINNER - Empower!!

So here's what I found during the week of testing:
    If you took cost out of the equation, I might have choosen to keep BBSmart instead of Empower... but with Empower still being free it was the winner hands down!

One of the things I did like better on BBSmart though was the full headers (you can see what I mean from my previous post with screen shots)

As for each program's ability to view HTML, they attack it differently...
    When you go to open the email with BBSmart a scrolling bar pops up which moves as it converts the email and shows you the email once it is completely converted.
    With Empower, it opens immediately and then actively converts as time passes. First it will display the default BB picture icon until it has pulled the image then display it shortly after... See my screen shots below of what I am talking about. I posted the original message in default view, then immediately after opening... then after the message was open for 5-8 seconds.
    So I guess the program you prefer all depends on your personality if your someone who wants to wait for quality off the bat... or someone is anxious and wants to watch it work for you!

As for the difference in each program's ability to read the actual HTML in the emails... I would habve to say that BBSmart is slightly better, but it really made no difference to me as the only emails it worked better on this past week were SPAM! (Yeh that was the worst part about reviewing each of the programs... I actually looked at my spam this week!!) There was one email from Carnival Cruise lines that didn't display in Empower but did work in BBSmart but if I am the type of person who is willing to book a $99 cruise off some email I guess I would also pay $30 for the BBSmart program

If anyone has any questions about my experiences with both programs just let me know!

I initially decided to try one of the HTML viewers because I was pissed I lost one of my eBay bids in the last few mins of the auction cause the email I got on my BB was HTML and I thought it was notifying me I won... not I was outbid!

---------------------------------------
    Normal Email View

---------------------------------------------

Initial Empower View

----------------------------------------------
    Empower view after 5-8 seconds

falzonej22 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use Empower and love it. I will choose a free app over a pay app (especially when there isn't much of a difference) anyday!

fidiv no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99
    Ani,
    See post #392 by the developer Ani in this thread. It may have something to do with your APN settings, so maybe this will help.
    i changed the APN settings and it did the trick! works for most emails, although some still fail to load images. makes no difference, most of those are spam emails anyway.

thanks for the help

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm not sure why the comments about the full headers with Empower! I use Empower and there is a choice under Advanced Options to "Show Full Header".

I have that checked and my header gives me:
    1. Using (E-mail address it came in on)
    2. Folder (in most cases "inbox")
    3. To (email address it came in on, or name, depending on how BB is set up I think)
    4. Date
    5. From (E-mail address from which message was sent)
    6. Subject

That seems like a full header to me!

(edited to fix spelling mistake)
    Last edited by gritsinct; 07-11-2007 at 06:08 PM.

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I originally used BBSmart but switched to Empower. Reason? Empower is faster! I can use either one since I purchased BBSmart and beta tested Empower and format wise their is no appriciable difference. BBSmart does have one nice feature I'd like to see in Empower however: when the email is too long BBSmart allows you to keep scrolling and it d'loads the rest of the email. Empower requires a menu click. Not enough to justify the cost difference though.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You must have something set up different in your 8830 than what is in my 8700. When I get a long email, I just have to scroll down and am able to recieve the rest without clicking anything. I am currently using a 4.2 Cingular OS and Empower on my unit with no issues.

Zo.

jagooch no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: HTML email... Who to go with??

Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    the one thing i like alot is that in SV it shows me the To: field and this is nice since i have 4 email accounts setup on my phone and i can see which email address it went to. and i know emp has it as well but not as uniformed

What is SV? The original post is about Empower and BBSmart, neither of which have initials "SV". If there is a 3rd HTML email app, please tell us about it.

Thx

jagooch no está en línea Stack level 2

I went with Empower also, no problems here., I did not try their competition, though, so I cannot compare them.

unsubcribing this thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234