Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey Roger Thanks for the quick response. I read the link and although I understand ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE

Advertisement

Hey Roger

Thanks for the quick response. I read the link and although I understand that due to security reasons this does not work etc I have also tried the get images route but also that does nothing. I presume my last resort is to start from scratch again and send service books. Will give that a go and see what happens. Thanks

Sher
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sherobin try deleting the service books already on your device before resending them.

cjh91 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    I apologize for the delayed response - little crazy at work. Anyway, after placing a call to RIM, it left us (me and IT Director) wondering how we could know more about this HTML email issue than RIM. We were informed by RIM support that it "needed to elevated to a higher level, and that someone would get back to us within 1 hour." What she was really saying was, I have no clue! It's been nearly 24 hours, and still no response. I am extremely disappointed in the ineptness and lack of follow through.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, sorry to hear that, Chris. Other people have had quite a different experience with the same issue, so it's interesting how yours has left a lot to be desired.

Really, all this should entail is for them to forcefully push out the required service books to get this working for you all.

Hopefully you'll get it resolved soon.

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    I agree Roger. Honestly, this is the only issue I have ever had with Blackberry (including tech support) in all my years using a Blackberry. I will keep you posted once this has been resolved.

Thank you!

Chris

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    Well, I am happy to report that the HTML email issue has been resolved! We finally spoke with a competent support rep at BlackBerry who was able to troubleshoot the issue. Here's what we learned:

HTML image transmission/display requires the Blackberry MDS Connection Service. On our server, that service was erroneously set to Manual. However, changing it to Automatic and/or manually Starting the service caused the Service to Start but immediately Stop, hence preventing images to load.

The resolution was to make a single change to the following Registry key:
    1. Using RegEdit, navigate to My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\Blackberry MDS Connection Service
    2. Locate the ImagePath value in the right pane
    3. Enter the name of the MDS Server between the last two double-quotes of the ImagePath value

Glad this has been resolved!

Cool, Chris!

Glad you got it resolved.

SNW
    SNW no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    ...If this does not work, go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and delete all your service books, log into your BIS account and resend to see if that helps.

Cheers,
    Roger
    I recently upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.99 on my 8100. Wasn't getting html email until I resent Service Books. All is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SNW View Post
    I recently upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.99 on my 8100. Wasn't getting html email until I resent Service Books. All is fine.
    Good to hear, SNW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12