Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After reading every (literally) post/thread on HTML email, I am convinced that there must be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cjh91 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30BF1B83

HTML Email, Please!

Advertisement

After reading every (literally) post/thread on HTML email, I am convinced that there must be a problem with my BB and/or service, because I cannot get "full" HTML email. I have an 8130 on Verizon's network running 4.5.0.77. I have two email accounts - one corporate running through BES and one personal through BIS. While the format of all email appears to be in HTML, I cannot get any images to download. The options are there to download, but nothing happens when I select either "Get Image" or "Get Images." I just see the empty image boxes. Yes, I have "Enabled HTML Email" to download images automatically in Email settings. Yes, Service Books have been resent for each account. Yes, I have registered the Host Routing Tables. (Although, HRT Verizon [1c40] won't un-bold even after registering.) Yes, I have deleted both email accounts and started from scratch. Have I missed something?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    cj,

Are you not getting HTML on BOTH work and personal e-mail accounts or just the work one?

Is the device owned by you or the company? If it's company owned, they could have a policy set up blocking this feature.

Let us know!

Thanks,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    Yes, I am not getting HTML on both. I own the device, but it's set up on the company BES. I have had conversations with our IT Director, and he seems equally baffled. Is there something on his (BES) end that needs to be done?

I'm no BES expert, but I'm pretty sure the BES version needs to be 4.1.6 (SP1?). Someone else can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

As for the BIS, unless your admin has inadvertently pushed a policy to your device, there's no reason that one shouldn't be working. Sounds like you've done all the right things.

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    I will double check with him to ensure we have the correct version, and to make sure an inadvertent policy wasn't set.

Thanks Roger,

Chris

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    Our IT Director has confirmed that our BES has the latest software and Service Packs, and NO policy has been pushed/set to prevent images from loading. He is having the same issue on his 8130. Are we the only ones having this issue? Are other Verizon 8130s having success with HTML email?

Hey Chris,

Wow, sounds like you've got all bases covered here.

Try deleting the Service Books from your device (Options>Advanced Options>Service Book), then go out to your BIS and delete/re-add the e-mail accounts again. Resend Service Books, re-register and see if that helps at all.

If not, then I'd recommend a call into RIM. They should be able to provide the necessary information to get this working.

Regards,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    Thank Roger. Given that I've been down the Service Books road more than once, I think contacting RIM is the best next step. I'll let you know how I make out.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjh91 View Post
    Thank Roger. Given that I've been down the Service Books road more than once, I think contacting RIM is the best next step. I'll let you know how I make out.

Chris
    Then you HAVE physically deleted them from your handheld? You hadn't mentioned that before. If so, then yes, a call to RIM would be in order.

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    I have - twice. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

No worries, Chris! Just wanted to make sure we've covered all the bases before having you spend what could be a considerable amount of time on the phone with RIM!

PIN/ID
    30BF1B83
    Thanks again Roger. I'll let you know how I make out with RIM as soon as I have a moment to contact them.

Chris

Hey Chris! Just wondering how you made out with RIM. Please let us know!

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Hey guys I am having the exact same issue. I have upgraded to os 4.5 on the 8110 and have all the right boxes ticked. Resent service books but only get the empty boxes too. Is there a solution to this that anybody knows of?

Sher

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Sher!

Sounds like you are getting HTML, but from within a message you'll need to press the BB menu button, then select Get Image(s). Unfortunately, externally linked images must always be invoked in this manner. Please see this article (in particular, the Note at the end) for a brief explanation.

If this does not work, go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and delete all your service books, log into your BIS account and resend to see if that helps.

Cheers,
    Roger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast