With the all th hype of the iphone being released and how its gonna support ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

acaijr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

Html

Advertisement

With the all th hype of the iphone being released and how its gonna support push mail from yahoo n full HTML viewing in emails does anybodyknow if RIM is gonna start doing that for the bb or r they jus gonna leave it the way it is.......
    PIN:2066C6E8 (NEWEST)
    PIN:2057C6C1 (NEW)
    PIN:2057C87A (OLD)

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Html

Well HTML is always a chance with RIM. U never know but as they move forward I think they'll make it possible.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i hope they still will include a plain text option, HTML can sometimes be a bit much, especially on such a small screen.

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

i want an option to view in html but text as default

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr
    With the all th hype of the iphone being released and how its gonna support push mail from yahoo n full HTML viewing in emails does anybodyknow if RIM is gonna start doing that for the bb or r they jus gonna leave it the way it is.......
    The reason HTML email isn't supported by BlackBerry is for security reasons. RIM's largest customer is the US Military, followed by the US Government. The reason they use the device - and no other - is because it's secure. HTML email just isn't secure.

While RIM might eventually add that option, it always amazes me that email systems don't use multi-format email that sends both HTML and text versions. I get such messages occasionally and they're great - completely readable on a BB, and formatted in both my email program and browser.

You might also try searching for 3rd party utilities for HTML email, although I haven't heard of one yet.
    JerryD

acaijr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    The reason HTML email isn't supported by BlackBerry is for security reasons. RIM's largest customer is the US Military, followed by the US Government. The reason they use the device - and no other - is because it's secure. HTML email just isn't secure.

While RIM might eventually add that option, it always amazes me that email systems don't use multi-format email that sends both HTML and text versions. I get such messages occasionally and they're great - completely readable on a BB, and formatted in both my email program and browser.

You might also try searching for 3rd party utilities for HTML email, although I haven't heard of one yet.
    i undastand wha ur sayn bout that but like its been said by others the option of HTML would be nice... it jus gives that more realism feel of being at your home comp on ya email...
    PIN:2066C6E8 (NEWEST)
    PIN:2057C6C1 (NEW)
    PIN:2057C87A (OLD)