Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, so found something cool today... First off, see this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nt_alerts.html Now...For you Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

How To: View Video On CBS/News Alerts

Advertisement

Okay, so found something cool today...

First off, see this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nt_alerts.html

Now...For you Pearl users...

When you receive an alert, some of them may show something like this:

Video: President Bush on Rumsfeld Exit
    URL: http://wap.cbs.com/br/f469

Click on that URL and it is going to bring up the story...

Scroll down towards the bottom, and you should see something that says View Video.

Now, more than likely, you are not going to be able to click on this link (And I am working to find out why). If you cannot click on it, press your menu button, and scroll up and switch to "Select Mode". Now, click your menu button again and go back to "view Mode". You should now be able to highlight that link.

Click on it, and you will see that it will start to download...Will start saying "loading" and then you will see the KB downloading...As soon as it is finished, your media player will pop open and the video will start playing...Same controls as regularly using the media player, pause, start, stop, volume, etc.

Enjoy, going to try and find more things like this to share...CNN also has video like this, however, they do not support BlackBerry Devices yet (I already tried).

Post all questions and comments here.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Great stuff. when is this 8800 coming so I can get in the loop. grrr

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I recorded it with volume, but the data transfer always causes interference with the microphone on the camera, so may want to turn your volume off.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    NBDBB -- posted this yesterday. thought it was significant here b/c the video actually worked on the pearl...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rts_pearl.html

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Cool Deal...Didn't see that...When I logged in it wasn't listed under new posts...Oh well...Good deal

I'm happy...now we need to check ABC, ESPN, etc to see if we can get those to work too!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    i agree. this is great! i never expected the videos to work!!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    [quote=tecrishon]NBDBB -- posted this yesterday. thought it was significant here b/c the video actually worked on the pearl...

Yo tecrishon, check this out:

http://a.media.abcnews.com/podcasts/...eafternote.mp3

Now, the podcasts will take a few minutes to load...The one above is about 1224k in size and downloaded in about 3 minutes...Not bad considering the Podcast listed above is about 20 minutes long...

Go there on your Pearl Browser and see if it works for you too...

Then you can add this to your bookmarks:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Podcasting/

They have a ton of podcasts listed there...My God, I am liking the Pearl more and more over the last few days!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Another Demo Video:

Albeevr6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I cannot figure out why I am not seeing video links in any of the news report messages I get. It would be one thing if I was seeing the links but couldnt watch the video but its the opposite.

I am gonna keep trying and hopefully find some setting that may be keeping my phone from doing this. I have not had it long so I am fairly new to alot of the settings and such.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    theres no VIEW VIDEO link

PIN/ID
    Retired
    i just checked one of my older messages with a video still in my message folder...the link for the video is gone from there as well. i'm guessing that they must remove the video after a while (and probably the link too)...? only thing i can think of.

Albeevr6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    i just checked one of my older messages with a video still in my message folder...the link for the video is gone from there as well. i'm guessing that they must remove the video after a while (and probably the link too)...? only thing i can think of.

Okay so I guess I will have to wait until I receive a new update. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I should be able to tell if this is working okay for me.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    So in order to see the 'view video' link I have to receive this as a mms? I only have the data plan, is there any way to receive these alerts via an email address? I tried just going to the cbs alerts page and view vids but no 'view video' links appear.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have mms and all still no video link.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    you don't have to have MMS....it just comes as a regular text (actually a WAP Push Alert), but it has a URL, which is how you get to the video. The video loads from the webpage, and then opens up in your media player.

There hasn't been a Video Message in the last couple days, so thats why you haven't seen one yet. The ones that have sent out were just messages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast